Should I leave my LV at home when shopping for houses?

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
California
It doesn't make any difference, wear it and enjoy. Maybe to buy a car you might think twice, but houses are a different thing, you will negotiate based on the market value, condition, etc., and a designer bag cost will be inconsequential. Good luck, it is an exciting experience!

NLVOEWITHLV

Priscilla Ann 09/2017!!!❤️
O.G.
Apr 16, 2009
Houston
It doesn't matter... I carried mine when we were searching. In the end your credit and ability to pay the down payment decides whether or not you become a homeowner, not your choice in handbags...

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Midwest
I am not sure I get it, or what you're thinking it could hurt? :thinking: I actually think you would be treated with more validity/seriousness by a realtor, when you appear like you're not messing around versus just 'house peeping' for fun ~ no need to play it down to look at real estate.

peachylv

Apr 15, 2011
The peak of good living
Oh my gosh, my favorite thing about House Hunters, Selling New York and Selling LA is looking at the handbags! In all seriousness, I think you can carry any handbag you want while looking for houses.

bvan1968

Dec 12, 2011
My vote regarding carrying LV for big purchases: "Houses, yes; Cars, no."

peachylv, you and I share the same favorite Bible verse. :hugs:

Jan 15, 2009
I understand your worry. Your worried they will want more for the house cause they think you can afford it right?

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I should not matter - you should be going to the house with your realtor unless you are talking about open houses - or if you are being represented by the buyers agent - in that case, there are serious rules about conduct if it is even permitted in your state.

unsatisfiedx1

Jan 16, 2012
Yes you should carry your LV when you're looking to purchase a house but not a car. When i bought my car my SA judged me as having a lot of money because of my designer bag so he couldnt give me a good discount.

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
United States
I went to look at a house and the wife/homeowner was at home at the time...she and I had the same bag (Galliera)...hers in mono, mine in azur!