Should I keep this pre-owned black caviar chevron mini?

gynegirl79

Jun 26, 2015
Hi all!! I've been lurking awhile and trying to make a decision on the Chanel classic WOC vs rectangular mini. I'm on a waitlist for the WOC at my local Nordstrom, the only store in the state to carry Chanel.

Only other Chanel I own is a new medium black grained-calfskin Boy. Adore this bag, but needed a smaller bag for my collection. I like Chanel bags that have a slight edge to the classic look.

I decided the rectangular mini would better fit my necessities. Must fit my prescription sunglasses/glasses in a soft case. It's rainy here, so definitely wanted caviar over lamb. I leaned toward the chevron caviar to give the classic look a bit of an edge. My Boy has the more classic quilted diamond pattern.

Searched high and low for a black caviar chevron rectangular mini (didn't want this season's iridescent), and came across only one on Fashionphile. Waited for it to go down in price 10%, but still paid a bit over retail. It's a new bag.

Came today and the bottom half of the front of the bag was slightly creased, I think due to the packing. Now that it has been unpacked, the creasing is much less noticeable. I think it is from the 17 spring/summer series, and this shiny black caviar chevron mini was only released outside the US.

One of my concerns is the wear of this shiny caviar. Anyone having peeling issues? Is creasing of the bag normal with wear? The quality of the caviar is more stiff and nothing like the softness of my calfskin Boy.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Let me know if this is better posted in another forum.

image1.JPG

image5.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

I have this mini in red. My bag was slightly creased at the same spot like yours because I let it sat in the box over a week before unboxing it. I stuffed the bag for one night and it's completely gone! I think the 16ss mini is very well made. I have four minis and it is the most structured and durable one. I've been using it a lot and haven't had any signs of wear and tear. I would for sure keep it if I were you!

Reactions: gynegirl79
I also think that you should keep it :smile: I have the 16S blue chevron in ML and it's super sturdy and I love the quality of the caviar from that season. do try to stuff it to see if the very slight wrinkles come out over time in storage (don't overstuff it though in your enthusiasm :smile: ) I do feel that even if it doesn't come out, the creasing doesn't look that bad to me at all.

Reactions: gynegirl79
It's such a gorgeous mini. It's what I want next except maybe in pink. If the slight creasing doesn't bother you, I'd keep it. That finish is fabulous and you wear it well! :heart:

I think you should follow your heart on this one. I personally think a mini is more useful than a woc and love this style of chevron...You can always find a woc later if you decide to get both [emoji23]

i have this in the sq. mini. it's too early to tell on the wear and tear. i do have creases but on the top where the flap opens.i have other caviar/calfskins/lambskins and though this grained caviar does not feel exactly the same as my cfs, it's not bad. i would not pick a woc over this though.

My first thought is to suggest you keep it. This is a rare find. It is my dream mini by the way.

Yet if your heart is not at peace with it let it go. I returned to the boutique a rectangular classic flap mini in caviar with SHW because first the quilting was not uniform in several places around the bag, second it had indentantions on two places which I suspect were product of poor storage, and the very soft caviar creased too much, when opening the bag, for my taste. I have a beautiful medium caviar which when I compared the two made me uneasy about the mini. The mini I had was made in Italy. I concluded I want a mini I am crazy about even if it takes time to find it. Good luck deciding and let us know the outcome. Cheers!

Reactions: fally