Should I keep this MJ Blake in Taupe?

meemos

Feb 16, 2006
So I did it! I brought my new Blake home today. I fell in love with the color when I saw it on Saks.com, but now I'm not so sure. What do you girls think of this color taupe? Here's the pic w/ and w/o flash. The one w/ the flash is more true to life. I'm so torn. Please give me your thoughts.

445379.jpeg

If you are looking for a neutral colored bag this is on the money. If you were looking fo something colorful perhaps not. I think it is lovely. I have a Blake in black and use it quite often. It's a great bag!

Kat said:
If you are looking for a neutral colored bag this is on the money. If you were looking fo something colorful perhaps not. I think it is lovely. I have a Blake in black and use it quite often. It's a great bag!

i agree:biggrin: its a beautiful neutral clor bag

I wanna say I'm w/ Savannah on this one but looove the front pockets. If you want something w/ a little more punch, get a different color or just go for the standard black. I love the shape and the bag itself but maybe in a different color.

I like the bag, I like the color, but not the two together. I love this type color for the Stam, but for the Blake, it sort of washes it out. I've seen the blake in other colors too and I like it also, especially the brighter colors even black... but this one just completely washes it out and it becomes thoroughly unspectacular.

meemos said:
I've decided to return the bag. After looking at it all night, I'm just not in love with it. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Well glad we could help! It's just nice seeing things from an objective point of view. What color are you going to get instead? Post pics once you decide!

I have a Blake in "spearmint"--a sorta blue-green--you can see it in my collection. Anyways, I love the bag--it's really a great size, love the three compartments.

I'd get it in a different color... For Spring, it came out in a beautiful yellow called "butter" and there's a tan that's much richer and warmer than the taupe. I'd go for that if you're looking for a neutral. If you go to www.nordstrom.com and look under their designer collections, you can see the MJ bags and see the colors I'm talking about.