Should I keep this Be&D leather flap satchel?

1. Just grabbed a Be&D lether flap satchel in sand from NM online....well, I admit, I paid mostly because of its 75% off. :shame: That's just me....deal hunter. But, should I keep it anyway?

Here are the pros and cons from my point of view:

Pros: I don't have a satchel of this color before; Its style is different from what I usually have (more feminine, or, more trendy); Its price is really good (75% off $1125, which gives $281).

Cons: I don't have any experience with Be&D brand before; I don't know if this style is classic; I don't know if the quality is trustable; I just bought a Carlos Falchi large doctor bag...

Any suggestions, ladies? I still have some time to decide whether I should cancel the order. Thanks!!

The picture is as below, but in sand color.

BGV8303_mh.jpg
  2. I bought this same bag for the same reason, only my sale price was only 60% off!!! Anyway, it was a nice bag--the leather was lovely--but it just wasn't me, so I returned it. I will say it was bigger than I expected it to be, and at 5"7' that's not usually something I say. Nothing I can put my finger on exactly, it just wasn't right.....:shrugs:

3. Thanks lily! That's a very good point. I'm only 5'5", so most likely its size is going to be more of a problem for me. (Such a good deal though....*whine* ) I guess cancelling the order will be the right thing to do, :smile:

4. Not necessarily!! It could be I just don't read measurements accurately!! :confused1:

It was a beautiful bag and just because I found it to be too large doesn't mean you will. It wasn't that it was too big for my frame, it just that it was a larger purse than I was used to. You got a killer deal on it and it may be just right for you. I wouldn't cancel the order yet. Wait a bit for other responses. If you get a lot of negatives go ahead and cancel. If not, look at the bag in person. You may really like it and if not, you're only out the postage....

5. I love the bag. I say keep it.. killer price too:smile:

6. OK, so, finally the bag is shipped.

BUT...here is the story behind it - I attempted to cancel the order literally twice yesterday after I placed it, and mysteriously every time after 1 hour or so it reinstated to "in process", :wtf: And after the second attempt the 'cancel' box disappeared completely, :wtf: And, this morning when I checked, it's shipped.

So, I guess they REALLY want me to at least take a look at the bag....and I can do that, if it has to be, :P

Waiting to see it...

7. That's one thing I don't like about NM's online ordering--the cancellation process takes too long.

I'm not crazy about the bag, but I think because it looks like a lot of studding on it and that's NMS. But you will be receiving it apparently so you have a chance to try it on IRL and decide. Great deal!!

8. The good news is, I got free shipping and there is a NM store not too far away. So I guess I'll just wait for it to arrive, make a decision at that time, and return it locally if it doesn't work out. :smile:

I also had some strange experience with NM online before, such as cancelling orders without any reason or notification. But at least I don't have to worry too much about authenticity with them....

9. Wow, great price! I like it!

10. Follow-up: Received the bag! It's actually pretty good. Leather seems very nice, stitches nice, and it's not as big as I imagined - I think it's related to its shape, because the 16-inch width is only at the widest bottom, and the bag 'tapers' rapidly.

So, I think I'll keep it! With a $281 price it's worth it. (I was thinking about getting a Mulberry tooled bayswater of the same color before, but now I think this can be a good replacement!)

Thanks all the ladies who gave me advice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice