Should I keep this bag??? Help me decide please?? Chanel Timeless Tote

Jessamy

Jan 15, 2017
I just bought the timeless tote in Beige calfskin from 2016 cruise collection.
It's beautiful and I want to use it as a daily back but I don't know anything about Calfskin durability and care and I am worried about color transfer, dirt, scratches etc....
I also have no idea how to care for calfskin??
Will I regret this purchase? Any thoughts or history to calfskin beige??
Thank u in advance!
I have black caviar gst and it's great and flap in black lamb skin but this is my first non black Chanel!

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,250
It's beautiful and I want to use it as a daily back but I don't know anything about Calfskin durability and care and I am worried about color transfer, dirt, scratches etc....
Thank u in advance!
I have black caviar gst and it's great and flap in black lamb skin but this is my first non black Chanel!
Calfskin is a pretty durable leather that may require some conditioning and cleaning on occasion. You can learn all about it in the dedicated forum that addresses leather care. I have a couple of calfskin bags and have been able to remove the occasional scratch by applying a leather conditioner which rubbed the scratch right out. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/links-to-chanel-care-maintenance-threads.749163/

Thank u in advance!
I would keep the bag if you e already had other black Chanel bags. It adds variety and this colour is versatile too! I have a card holder in the same colour - beige and its such an easy to wear colour!

Reactions: susieserb
Thank u in advance!

Girllll, i love this bag!!! Its the perfect color but i understand ur concern! I hope u keep it!

Reactions: lexus72
I love this bag!! Do you mind if I asked where you found it? I been looking for a tote and in my experience I think calf is not high maintenance
I was in NYC Chanel boutique and they had black one, which I really love and was just the right size, but I have GST in black so I wanted something different and I have been looking for a few years for a Chanel that is big enough, comfortable to carry, and I can use in summer/warmer months as I live in South and black is so heavy... white or light beige is too high maintenance for me so when she said it came In the beige color and found it in another store, I had it shipped.
I would just call a boutique and ask them to track one down. It came in navy too. It's really pretty in person. Let me know if you have any other questions.