Should I keep or return? (Mini reissue with obvious crease)

Should I keep or return

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I recently received my first Chanel bag purchased before the price increase. I was so excited but found the bag had an obvious crease on the front. I contacted my SA and was told that she can only refund me but no exchange as currently there is no stock. I think the price for this bag has gone up by $300. I really loved this bag and felt mini reissue is really hard to get. If I missed this one, I do not when I can get another. I am hesitating if I should keep or return it.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 533
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 536
I feel that for reissues, the creases are like its signature and makes the bag unique. It is afterall an aged calfskin material, and creases really blends in with the look of it. After much use, the back where u open and close the flap will naturally show creases too.
E302305C-BFE3-4F74-8527-80EE6F73045B.jpeg
I added an image of my reissue wallet after a year of use. The crease is obvious when i open it and it remains there after closing it back. I dont feel upset about it bcos i think the crease makes the bag look a lot more natural. However if it was a crease on a lambskin then i’d be feeling pain haha!

I guess if you really like the bag and understand the material you’re getting, it’d be an easier choice for you.
Keep it if: you bought the bag for what it is and as it is, (aged calfskin) able to withstand day to day use, it’s not hardy as caviar, but it is lighter and creases seem to give the bag more character.
Return it if: you can’t swallow paying X amount for a bag that you don’t absolutely LOVE. If there was a popped stitch out of the box or defect in workmanship. If you already paid X amount what’s X + 300 more, for something you’d love and give you peace of mind.
I personally think that if the your specific bag: I love the color of the bag and hardware, I understand the aged calfskin leather and characteristics, what makes a 2.55 bag a 2.55 (the chain and M-Lock), current creasing you’ve pointed out; I would keep it and if I don’t keep it, pay the 300 or more for something that I can live with (maybe a different type of leather, different hardware or leather color, one with more/less creases).
It’s really a chard choice, I understand.
But break it down to:
will I love this piece?
will I use this piece?
is it worth $3500 (or whatever your X amount was) perfect (to you)?