Should I keep my Speedy or...

Olya6070

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Lately I've been seeing so many mono speedies, that I began to feel uncomfortable carrying mine. So, I've been thinking of selling it and getting a Galliera in Mono or Neverfull in Damier Ebene or Mono. What is your opinion, should I sell my Mono Speedy?

Well.. Neverfull Ebene and Galliera Mono are everywhere as well. I think you will be having the same issue as now. But if you really want a shoulder bag right now, I would say keep your speedy and save up for the two new bags!! :smile:

I see a lot of what you listed here in Texas too.

I'd say keep your Speedy - after all it is kind of iconic.

Then save up for a new shoulder bag and see what LV has to offer once your ready to buy.

:smile:

I don't understand why seeing other speedies makes you uncomfortable.
We all have jeans, shoes, cars and phones.......why does a bag make such a difference?
I say enjoy the bag and if you see others, smile & feel the comraderie.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I am not a fan of the speedy in any prints so I would say sell it and get the galliera. You will still see some but not as common as the mono speedy. It's even less common if you get the gm.

I don't understand why seeing other speedies makes you uncomfortable.
We all have jeans, shoes, cars and phones.......why does a bag make such a difference?
I say enjoy the bag and if you see others, smile & feel the comraderie.

Well to me I don't spend half my rent on jeans and shoes, but I do that for a LV :smile: I feel my LV bag is a luxury, and makes me feel exclusive or special :smile: I know its silly, but that's just me. Maybe if I own 20 LVs and Hermes and guccis, I'll stop finding my bags as special! :biggrin:

If you like the speedy but are concerned about how common it is, then perhaps consider selling the mono one and buy (or save up for) a mon mono or an LE speedy. That way you still own this style but enjoy more 'exclusivity'. Mono galliera and damier nf are everywhere too, unfortunately.

Well, I see what you mean. Thats why I got the Mon Mono Speedy...
But if YOU like it, don't care what others carry, get a bandua, charm or something to make it more "unique"