Should I keep my Speedy or...

Olya6070

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Windy City
Lately I've been seeing so many mono speedies, that I began to feel uncomfortable carrying mine. So, I've been thinking of selling it and getting a Galliera in Mono or Neverfull in Damier Ebene or Mono. What is your opinion, should I sell my Mono Speedy?

earthx

back to basic.
O.G.
Aug 31, 2010
Bangkok, Thailand
Well.. Neverfull Ebene and Galliera Mono are everywhere as well. I think you will be having the same issue as now. But if you really want a shoulder bag right now, I would say keep your speedy and save up for the two new bags!! :smile:

NorvsWife

O.G.
Oct 15, 2010
I would keep what I like. If you don't like it anymore, sell it. But, I've noticed a lot of Damier lately as well...esp in Indiana and Illinois.

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
Well.. Neverfull Ebene and Galliera Mono are everywhere as well. I think you will be having the same issue as now. But if you really want a shoulder bag right now, I would say keep your speedy and save up for the two new bags!! :smile:
Agree :tup:

ClassyEvermore

Nov 7, 2010
I see a lot of what you listed here in Texas too.

I'd say keep your Speedy - after all it is kind of iconic.

Then save up for a new shoulder bag and see what LV has to offer once your ready to buy.

:smile:

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I don't understand why seeing other speedies makes you uncomfortable.
We all have jeans, shoes, cars and phones.......why does a bag make such a difference?
I say enjoy the bag and if you see others, smile & feel the comraderie.

Jessica1981

Aug 24, 2010
I totally understand where you're coming from. I am not a fan of the speedy in any prints so I would say sell it and get the galliera. You will still see some but not as common as the mono speedy. It's even less common if you get the gm.

deboshre

May 16, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I don't understand why seeing other speedies makes you uncomfortable.
We all have jeans, shoes, cars and phones.......why does a bag make such a difference?
I say enjoy the bag and if you see others, smile & feel the comraderie.
Well to me I don't spend half my rent on jeans and shoes, but I do that for a LV :smile: I feel my LV bag is a luxury, and makes me feel exclusive or special :smile: I know its silly, but that's just me. Maybe if I own 20 LVs and Hermes and guccis, I'll stop finding my bags as special! :biggrin:

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
If you like the speedy but are concerned about how common it is, then perhaps consider selling the mono one and buy (or save up for) a mon mono or an LE speedy. That way you still own this style but enjoy more 'exclusivity'. Mono galliera and damier nf are everywhere too, unfortunately.

Dixie79

O.G.
Aug 25, 2009
Norway
Well, I see what you mean. Thats why I got the Mon Mono Speedy...
But if YOU like it, don't care what others carry, get a bandua, charm or something to make it more "unique"

NITE_FOXX

Feb 14, 2010
BEAUTIFUL SOUTH
it would not bother me. just get a luggage tag hot stamped with your name and add it to your speedy. it looks very cute and will make it very special!:smile: