Should I keep my new vernis rayures coeur coin purse?

alessandria

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
Hi everyone,
I bought the alma bb, zippy coin purse, and heart coin purse in the Valentine's Day amarante vernis rayures, and I'm debating whether or not to keep the heart coin purse.

Those of you who have them, what do you put in them? I am thinking of using it for my keys and for subway tokens, since I haven't had any luck finding a small fuschia cles, despite a few months of stalking eBay.

I'm a little concerned as well that there are some sharp edges on the chain, and they might scratch my vernis zippy wallet - the two are bound to rub together inside my bag if I hang the zippy coin purse from the D-ring. Has that happened to anyone? The whole reason I've been looking for a key holder is to avoid potentially scratching my wallet.

Thoughts? Advice? :smile:
Thanks!

LVoeletters

only the best
Aug 13, 2011
constant state of wanting sparkle
Can you dangle the purse charm outside of your bag instead of inside? If you plan on keeping it inside your bag then I would return it, but it will fare well outside and look great too! Something so cute should be celebrated outside! If you're fearful for safety then maybe get a canvas cles to hold your tokens and what not. I know a lot of people put their keys, their quarters for the meter, their ipod nano and my favorite, they use the coeur for their headphones. I think I saw a lady at the gym putting her jewelry in it. HTH!

sophia618

O.G.
Jun 30, 2006
it's always summer here!
I have two, pomme and rose pop .... Used to have white mc but after taking it back to lv twice to get zipper replaced, they decided to that it was defect and gave me full store credit recently. But that's another story---

Anyway, I used to use them to put my earbuds for my iPhone/itouch. I used mine outside the bag as bag charm until I got real lv bag charm. Then I started put the coin purse inside...

I noticed on the rose pop heart just a few weeks ago was the leather peeled around the edges!! Aaaahhhhhhh, horrid!! :sad:
lol
You can see the white undertone some part and the bottom of the heart, it's so sad and I stopped carrying it.
It's happening to my rose pop cosmetic case AND rose pop zippy coin purse.
It happened to framboise 4key holder.... Same thing happened to zippy wallet framboise as well.
My pomme 4key and heart are holding up well .... Purple Sarah is okay too.
I wonder if some of the color are more fragile than others? Or do I love pink too much and use them too much?!

But the heart is too cute!!
Although ... I would return it. Mono / damier are more durable!!

alessandria

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
Thanks everyone! I am definitely leaning toward returning it now, and saving my money in hopes that they will release some cles, zippy coin purses etc in the new spring vernis colors... Anyone have any idea? I have the blue lagoon alma bb reserved whenever it comes in, but none of the SAs had any idea about SLGs.
:smile:

alessandria

Dec 1, 2009
Toronto
Agh, so I pulled my rayures vernis coeur coin purse out of the closet to go return it, and I don't think I can part with it! It doesn't make logical sense - I can't hang it outside my epi electric brea because the coeur gold hardware doesn't match my bag's silver hardware and looks dorky. Even though I would be keeping it inside my bag, it's just so cute I think I want to keep it anyway! Plus I attached it to itself to make a tiny bracelet clutch and found myself carrying it around the house, staring at it longingly for a half hour.

This leads to my next question - if I keep it for 6 months or a year and then decide to let it go on bonanza or eBay in order to make room for something new, will it retain a lot of its value (presuming that I keep it in good condition), since it is limited edition? Any advice would be appreciated - I see coeur coin purses selling for anywhere from $300 to $1,100 on eBay but most are new. I want to use mine but also be fiscally responsible lol!

Thx!
:smile:
Alessandra