Should I keep my new Tiffany necklace?

BellaBoo

O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
After much anticipation, I just bought this necklace: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-p+18-c+287465-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

I received it today and I think I really like it. The problem is I was expecting 'better' if that makes sense. It is my opinion that TiffCo has lowered their quality standards while raising their prices. I have bought jewelry from them for 10+ years and remember their pieces having more 'weight' or being bigger. I ordered a sterling silver 'Man in the Moon' charm for one of my bracelets and it is 'tiny'. The charm was $100 and I can barely see it. My necklace is cute but honestly, I feel embarrassed that I paid over 3k for it. I just wish it resembled an expensive piece of jewelry and not something you could buy at any mall jewelry counter. To me it looks 'cheap' and I need to feel good about it-no matter the price. I dunno. I think I will wear it for a day and see how I feel about it. Modeling pics coming soon.

here are some pics from my camera phone-no flash:
it actually looks cuter in the pics..

Attachments

• 0422080151.jpg
    0422080151.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,159
  • 0422080150.jpg
    0422080150.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,301
The piece is nice and looks great on you but if I am completely honest, that does not look like a $3000 piece of jewelry. I think you can do much better for this amount of money rather than just paying for the Tiffany name.

i agree. i would feel much better if I had found it on ebay for half the price. The total carat weight it 0.34 and the metal is platinum. When I ordered this I thought it was going to be bigger. I can't believe how much it cost for what it is. I am going to sleep on it. Thanks for your opinion =)

The necklace looks great on you. But if you are having second thoughts, then it is better to exchange it. Platinum is unfortunately much more expensive than White Gold but no one can tell the difference. Does tiffany have the exact one in WG?

You can do better I think....

Certainly, the design seems to ordinary....try to pick out something a bit more unique...I actually like the etoile ball pendant...and some others for even less money....

And do try some local jewlers....sometimes you can find a great deal on a very sweet design.....good luck!

Definitely not worth the price in my opinion. You need an additional 1.5 tcw for that much money. You can find a white gold bow (without diamonds) like that for significantly less to get the same effect.

The price of platinum has skyrocketed this year, so that's part of it. Tiffany also uses very delicate chains, so they don't look as substantial. Also, you got pave, so the quality of the diamonds might not show up as much. Personally I love Tiffany pave necklaces, but I often wonder if Roberto Coin doesn't give the same effect for less? Even though the diamonds aren't as good. I say if you don't love it, return it. I think it is very pretty and does look nice on you though.

I have a jazz necklace which is in that price range, like this one except fewer diamonds, and they're bigger. So Tiffany might have other pieces that would feel more substantial? A friend thought this cost more than it did on me, but I do know I could have gotten bigger elseware, I just loved it on me.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...2-p+25-c+287465-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

The necklace looks very cute on you but I have to agree that it does not look like a 3k piece of jewelry. I vote to return it since you aren't 100% on it and 3k is too much to pay for something that you don't absolutely love IMO.

that necklace looks great on you! i totally fell in love with that necklace when i tried it on last time, but i did not think it was worth that price. i think you can get a better piece of jewelry for that amount of money. i agree with the comments above...go to a local jeweler and have it replicated...