should i keep my new lambskin WOC?

isabelley

Jan 10, 2010
i have a big dilemma. i just bought a classic quilted black lambskin WOC with the metal CCs (was so hard to find!), and it is as gorgeous, maybe even more so, as i thought it would be. the problem is that the lambskin is soo delicate i'm terrified i'm going to scratch it up. i plan on using my WOC quite regularly, and while i know i'll try to be as careful as possible, my heart would break if i scratched up my beautiful lambskin.

so my question is, should i return this lambskin and wait for the quilted caviar WOC to come back in stock?? or should i keep this gorgeous classic lambskin??

ladies that own lambskin - how often do you use your bags, does it hold up fairly well with against regular use?

i use my lambskin woc pretty often and i've scratched it up already. since it's a darker navy color, the scratch is not as obvious. you should definitely be comfortable with what you own. if it bothers you that much, then perhaps you should wait for the caviar. good luck with your decision.

i actually bought the SAME woc that u have and returned it...i have a lambskin bag which i dont use everyday...the woc i know i would use daily...i dont wana be careful with it...i say go for caviar....its worth the wait!

You shouldn't own anything that you are afraid to use!!! If it's going to sit in your closet and not receive any love, exchange it! But don't be afraid to use it...it's not as delicate as you think :smile: GL!

I would keep it, it's gorgeous purse! Since it's black, it will be easier to maintain. Scratch or any dirt will not be so obvious. Just baby it with meltonian delicate cream every so often.

Use it and dont worry about scratching it! It will get scratch but you will have other chanel purses later on...I use my jumbo lambskin every day and I don't worry about the leather.Ironically, it has very few scratches since I bought it 4 mos. ago. I don't think about it and treat it as I would if it were caviar leather.

I got my lambskin metallic grey jumbo last july, use it a few times a week and believe it or not but it hasn't got a single scratch so far, it looks absolutely brand new. One of the Sas in Chanel Montaigne was amazed at how new looking it was yesterday. And metallic colours are said to be even more delicate than classic colours. I have the matching wallet, I carry it everyday in my bag with a lot of stuff and it only get a minor tiny scratch hardly noticeable so I may be very lucky and extra careful, lol, but if you take care of your lambskin bag, it will last so if you love it, keep it and don't be afraid, just enjoy your beauty !

I'd return it - others have posted how fragile those are and personally I hate it when my bags looked scratched or used. Actually I got one and thought it was way too delicate.

I have Chanel bags in both lambskin and caviar.......my WOC is caviar..........it wears beautifully, and looks almost brand new.......and it's two or three years old. I use it all the time. The lambskin.....I have to be more careful with.

Lambskin is more delicate than caviar and, no matter how careful you are, it will scratch eventually if you use it as an everyday bag. However, with dark color like black, scratch won't be very visible.
I usually get caviar for an everyday bag but have few dark colored lambskin everyday bags too and they hold up surprisingly better than I expected.
If you think you would worry about scratches all the time and if the scratch will bother you then it would be better to return it and wait for the caviar. Good luck with your decision. :smile:

Last edited:
I say go with what you feel most comfortable with, you don't want to be worrying about your bag all night when you use it. I love lambskin though and while I'm careful, I don't get obsessive with it, you have to use your bags otherwise why have them! lol Nothing stays pristine forever, all you can do is be as careful as you can but don't let it ruin your night, carry your bag with confidence! ;)

Just got a m/l lambskin classic flap and carried it today for the first time. I was so afraid of stuffing it too much and didn't bring it out during lunch coz it was going to rain. I'm probably going to try it for a few days more to see how it holds up but after the first day of use, I can see some crease lines already! *heart pain*

Since I prefer lambskin to caviar, I just have to tell myself the extra care for the bag is part of the sacrifice I've to make for my preference. There's nothing like the feel of soft lambskin next to your skin. aaahhhhhhhh......