Should I keep it?

Marinuzzi

Mar 2, 2014
Please help! I purchased a curieuse wallet in aube a couple months back, and I have yet to use it. It's been sitting in its box the whole time. I'm just not sure I'm totally in love with the color. I also purchased a secret compact in orient and a compact curieuse in black, and I love those.

I'm not sure if it's the wallet I don't like, or if it's the color... I've been seeing pictures of it in jaipur, and loving it in that color. Not sure what to do? I'm thinking LV would not accept it back since it's been over 30 days (even though it's never been used... I didn't even test out credit cards in it or anything)... But something is holding me back from selling it. Every time I take it out and look at it, I think it's pretty, but am not 100% into it... Yet, I still can't get myself to part with it. Maybe it's cuz of the loss I would take on it.

What would you all do? Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. :smile:

LV won't take it back, it's been too long so you'll probably have to sell it privately to get rid of it. In that case, try it out for a day and if you fall in love with it, great. If you don't and still want to sell it, just advertise that you wore it for one day. It probably won't make that much difference in what you get for it.

Hope that helps!

If you don't love it, get rid of it and spend the money on something that you do love. You should get close to what you paid for it on eBay - or put it on Buy it Now for $10 less than what you paid - they will be saving sales tax too so it's still a good deal for a brand new item...

I've been in your situation so many times, I know how you feel. I'm notorious for buying something, letting it sit in the closet (swearing I'm going to use it next time I switch) then being stuck with it outside the return window. Aube is beautiful and so is the Curieuse wallet but if you're not using it, I'd sell it. You will probably have to take a loss but whatever you can recover and put towards something else is better than it just collecting dust.

I've been in your situation so many times, I know how you feel. I'm notorious for buying something, letting it sit in the closet (swearing I'm going to use it next time I switch) then being stuck with it outside the return window. Aube is beautiful and so is the Curieuse wallet but if you're not using it, I'd sell it. You will probably have to take a loss but whatever you can recover and put towards something else is better than it just collecting dust.
Thank you. I think that's what I'm going to do... Sell it and then put the money towards a bag. I just started purchasing LV this year, and I think I was so excited, I was just purchasing things without thinking through if I was actually going to use it.

With my more recent purchases, I've definitely been putting more thought in...

Thank you. I think that's what I'm going to do... Sell it and then put the money towards a bag. I just started purchasing LV this year, and I think I was so excited, I was just purchasing things without thinking through if I was actually going to use it.

With my more recent purchases, I've definitely been putting more thought in...

Aw thats a shame, I love my new Curieuse Wallet in Aurore and Aube is such a pretty color! I hope it works out in the end for you!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I would try it out at least one day out, before selling. Then you'll know for sure.

Also, just a teeny warning it is harder to sell things on auction brand new unused, within a month or 2 in age from date of purchase. This has happened to me soooo many times lol! I used to purchase impulsively and let myself get outside a return window of time due to uncertainty. At least I am in a state with no sales tax so my hits weren't quite as bad on resale. For you if you paid full price plus tax, I'd try to sell for what you want but if you can't, I'd almost recommend waiting until there is another price increase or after you've used it a bit, you might do better. It's amazing all the questions I get when I sell a brand new item, almost rude and accusatory, such as "why are you selling?" "Are you sure it's authentic why would someone sell something brand new?" And my favorite "why in the world didn't you just return it if it's not used?" Lol! Mmmmm, because I'm impulsive and stupid? Ha ha.. I hate selling new items, the really rude suspicious buyers come out. Maybe you could try first on Bonanza or a FB group or something too, where the fees aren't what they are on eBay.

Good luck! Many of us have been there. :smile:

I would try it out at least one day out, before selling. Then you'll know for sure.

Also, just a teeny warning it is harder to sell things on auction brand new unused, within a month or 2 in age from date of purchase. This has happened to me soooo many times lol! I used to purchase impulsively and let myself get outside a return window of time due to uncertainty. At least I am in a state with no sales tax so my hits weren't quite as bad on resale. For you if you paid full price plus tax, I'd try to sell for what you want but if you can't, I'd almost recommend waiting until there is another price increase or after you've used it a bit, you might do better. It's amazing all the questions I get when I sell a brand new item, almost rude and accusatory, such as "why are you selling?" "Are you sure it's authentic why would someone sell something brand new?" And my favorite "why in the world didn't you just return it if it's not used?" Lol! Mmmmm, because I'm impulsive and stupid? Ha ha.. I hate selling new items, the really rude suspicious buyers come out. Maybe you could try first on Bonanza or a FB group or something too, where the fees aren't what they are on eBay.

Good luck! Many of us have been there. :smile:
Thank you so much for this info, Ishcat! That's really good to know. I definitely was suffering from impulse buying from LV, and recently have tried to put much more thought into my purchases.

I had no idea that it's better to wait a bit... Definitely gonna do that. Thank you!!

Please help! I purchased a curieuse wallet in aube a couple months back, and I have yet to use it. It's been sitting in its box the whole time. I'm just not sure I'm totally in love with the color. I also purchased a secret compact in orient and a compact curieuse in black, and I love those.

I'm not sure if it's the wallet I don't like, or if it's the color... I've been seeing pictures of it in jaipur, and loving it in that color. Not sure what to do? I'm thinking LV would not accept it back since it's been over 30 days (even though it's never been used... I didn't even test out credit cards in it or anything)... But something is holding me back from selling it. Every time I take it out and look at it, I think it's pretty, but am not 100% into it... Yet, I still can't get myself to part with it. Maybe it's cuz of the loss I would take on it.

What would you all do? Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. :smile:
Try to remember what was the reason you wanted to buy it in the first place. Sometimes, when we finally get the item, we fall out of love or actually regret purchasing it. Think it over.

There is something about it that you liked so,I would take it out of the box and put it somewhere visible. If you see it everyday maybe you'll decide to use it and remember what drew you to it to begin with. If that doesn't work wait for prices to go up in a few months or so, then sell.

🐩"...wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." E.H.🐩