Should I keep it or sell?

MidNiteSun

O.G.
Mar 4, 2009
Ok, I bought this bag from Joanna. It is a nappa gaufre BR4238 in bambu. I also bought a BN1789 in grayish white (not sure the real name). I like BN1789 more & have no need for 2 similar bags. Im keeping BN1789 for sure but not sure about BR4238. Should I keep it or sell? I've never sold any of my bags b4. Im not even sure how to sell it. ;> tia!!!

Attachments

• BR4238.jpg
    BR4238.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 389
Whether to sell or keep is a very personal decision. I think the bag is gorgeous but if you think it is too similar then you should probably sell it. I would list in on Bonanzle first because their fees are almost nothing and see if you get any interest. After a couple weeks if it doesn't sell then you can try feebay. Just realize that you will never recoup your money. Pradas are selling for 1/3 of or less of original value these days so just be prepared. Maybe this will sell higher because it is a gauffre?

thanks...only 1/3 of the bag value? that is scary. hopefully i'll get more out of it since it's brand new & Gaufre. i have to do a little research about bonanzle. i really don't want to deal with scammers like the ones on feebay. ;>

MidNiteSun- I do love this Bambu bag. It's a really beautiful color! I saw this in Joanna's emails and I still have the photo open b/c I was like ohhhhhhhhh..........

But, I need to be good & close it quick!

But, I do love it!

Yeah it blows that we spend so much $$ on these bags and then resale is enough to make you sick...Prada doesn't hold it's value...I would sell it if it's too similiar to something you already have....Not sure what the differences are but this one looks wider on the top...kinda odd shape..is it too late to return to Joanna for a store credit?

dallasgirl - i know. when i saw it in joanna's email, i contacted her right away. it was the only one too. i bought it for almost $1300.

mika - i've posted pic for you to compare. they are very similar.

emmy - i know what you mean. i think i might be done with designer bags for a while. i contacted fashionphile about selling this bag br4238 & they said they could give me about 40%. what? i just bought it, have not used it...brand new & only get 40%. so that means i paid $1300 and they would pay me $520. not even worth it. wish i could return them for credit but i got it on sale so no return/exchange. im stuck..lol

Attachments

• BR4238.jpg
    BR4238.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 242
  • BN1789.jpg
    BN1789.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
greetings :smile: can someone answer a question, plz and thx...

when you say "got an email from Joanna... and i bought it from Joanna on sale..." what exactly does that mean? and how do 'i' get on her email list?

and if i 'called' Joanna and "Le" assisted me swimmingly well, is that the same thing or did i 'go around' Joanna on the sale, or what? may i plz have a 'mini-lesson' to educate me for future purchases and an etiquette lesson would probably help me, as well, if you would be so kind :smile:

Thanks browneyesblue. My camera is not working at the moment. I left the battery out too long & now it won't charge anymore. I need to get a new battery. I will post pic as soon as I can.

I'm in the 'grey' mood at this time...I haven't even worn the bambu one yet.

Rupbasoli - I know. I think I'm going to keep both. 40% is way to low to even consider selling. Feebay is too scary to try.

Here are some modeling pictures. Sorry for bad lighting. My phone isn't the best to take picture. Especially DH was taking it. I had to beg him....:biggrin:

Attachments

• BN1789 IN POMICE.jpg
    BN1789 IN POMICE.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 354
  • BN1789.jpg
    BN1789.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 392
  • BR4238 in Bambu.jpg
    BR4238 in Bambu.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 325
  • BR4238.jpg
    BR4238.jpg