Should I go to Japan?

A little bit off the topic, set forth below is a link that I use in order to "convert" foreign currency -- it's really helpful.

To get further off the topic, I think luxury-zurich's website does a great job of listing the prices in the different foreign currencies -- actually LZ's website generally is beautifully designed and organized, and have the best search functions!

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

OOOOHHHH! Drool! Beautiful bags and Mika is so cute! I'm sure the prices are astronomical. Even bags from the H boutique are much more in Japan.
Dior, if you don't mind the premium, go, go, go! They have an amazing selection!

tokyogirl said:
IF this is the same white ostrich that is listed on the store's site, it's a special order and they advertise it as only one in the world.. It's $23k.
Is this a white ostrich? frenchiefan, we're both fans of it. :love:

Attachments

• 20060712201257.jpg
    20060712201257.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 76
  • 20060712203508.jpg
    20060712203508.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 73
dior24 said:
Drool. :nuts: I love the toile/combo a lot. :love:

lol, lilach. I'm curious about asking her what new toile/combo birkins she had and also the ostrich birkin in post #9.

When I saw the last pic I was thinking, hey it's like my Evelyne and then I realized it's my family portrait. :shame:

dior24 said:
Is this a white ostrich? frenchiefan, we're both fans of it. :love:
does not look white to me more like a very pale beige or ivory (maybe the new beige lavan was speaking of?)the white ostrich i know of is really snow white (like a white clemence but in ostrich)

tokyogirl said:
I agree, but wait until this rainy/humid phase ends...
Thxs, for the heads-up. I occasionally visit Japan due to work assignments but never get to shop :crybaby:. [Lots of things to do the moment I arrived.] Right now, I'm too busy planning an upcoming fashion show and party.

lilach said:
does not look white to me more like a very pale beige or ivory (maybe the new beige lavan was speaking of?)the white ostrich i know of is really snow white (like a white clemence but in ostrich)
^^I second what lilach mentioned. It doesn't look white to me. The white gloves & white top, you can see is pure white but the birkin, is not.

Whatever it is, it looks beautiful. :heart:

The selection in Mika's shop is fabulous isn't it? I found her blog a couple of months ago when I went searching for Hermes discussion forums in Japanese. I was hoping there was something similar to tPf in Japan since they were Hermes crazy as well. On another reseller's blog, he claimed he was able to procure over 200 Birkins every year mostly from Europe, so Japan definitely is the place to go if you want the best variety of Hermes goods and don't mind paying the premium.