Should I go to Japan?

dior, I am by no means an Hermes reseller expert. But there are a bunch of them here -- particularly in one Ginza area by where Mika's store is. There are at least 4 resellers -- all within walking distance!

As to availability of croc, I am not sure. It's just not in my price range, so I have never really looked. The other day when I went to Ginza Loire (which is a little further out from Mika's store, but still within walking distance) I wasn't that impressed... I think Loire's flagship store is not Ginza...

Drool. :nuts: I love the toile/combo a lot. :love:

lol, lilach. I'm curious about asking her what new toile/combo birkins she had and also the ostrich birkin in post #9.

Attachments

• 20060514164550.jpg
    20060514164550.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20060522171806.jpg
    20060522171806.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 20060606185954.jpg
    20060606185954.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 20060618160411.jpg
    20060618160411.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 43109-members-hermes-items-.jpg
    43109-members-hermes-items-.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 96
tokyogirl said:
dior, I am by no means an Hermes reseller expert. But there are a bunch of them here -- particularly in one Ginza area by where Mika's store is. There are at least 4 resellers -- all within walking distance!

As to availability of croc, I am not sure. It's just not in my price range, so I have never really looked. The other day when I went to Ginza Loire (which is a little further out from Mika's store, but still within walking distance) I wasn't that impressed... I think Loire's flagship store is not Ginza...
Wow. 4 resellers all within walking distance? Shouldn't Hermes be a little worried? Are there a lot of customers? Intensive competition among the stores?

dior24 said:
Wow. 4 resellers all within walking distance? Shouldn't Hermes be a little worried? Are there a lot of customers? Intensive competition among the stores?

The irony is that Hermes has the lowest price in town, so people would always purchase from Hermes (over the resellers). Generally, the premium is steep. A new, 30 black Birkin Togo is around US $9K and up from a reseller in Japan.

dior24 said:
What do you girls think of this ostrich birkin?

I love how the twilly looks good together with the orange JPG. I'm going to do that when I get my white and braise croc JPG. :love:

OK - before even seeing that you were asking opinions of this bag, I thought to myself that the ivory ostrich was my favorite...it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always wanted (and want to see) more ivory/bone H bags!

frenchiefan said:
OK - before even seeing that you were asking opinions of this bag, I thought to myself that the ivory ostrich was my favorite...it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always wanted (and want to see) more ivory/bone H bags!

IF this is the same white ostrich that is listed on the store's site, it's a special order and they advertise it as only one in the world.. It's $23k.