Should I Go For It?

nappytoots

Must.Buy.Bags
May 16, 2012
As I was browsing Portero.com, I came across this gorgeous Special order Birkin 35 in Menthe with Bleue Electrique lining and brushed gold hardware (i forgot the name.. sorry.. my mind is totally focused on this beauty right now..) I just love love love the Blue Electrique.. but i wish there was more blue in the outside of the bag.. it was priced at $24,999.. which is way out of my budget.. but i do have to justify that this is a special order piece and something as beautiful as this may not come by in the near future.. perfect size, TDF color, and just perfection.. just the price is KILLING me!! help!

2-11721-220133--hermes-menthe-and-bleu-electrique-35-cm-togo-horseshoe-birkin----1a16.jpg

2-11721-220133--hermes-menthe-and-bleu-electrique-35-cm-togo-horseshoe-birkin----61a.jpg

2-11721-220133--hermes-menthe-and-bleu-electrique-35-cm-togo-horseshoe-birkin----74dc48.jpg

As I was browsing Portero.com, I came across this gorgeous Special order Birkin 35 in Menthe with Bleue Electrique lining and brushed gold hardware (i forgot the name.. sorry.. my mind is totally focused on this beauty right now..) I just love love love the Blue Electrique.. but i wish there was more blue in the outside of the bag.. it was priced at $24,999.. which is way out of my budget.. but i do have to justify that this is a special order piece and something as beautiful as this may not come by in the near future.. perfect size, TDF color, and just perfection.. just the price is KILLING me!! help!

View attachment 2041804

View attachment 2041805

View attachment 2041806

There's no doubt that it's a beautiful bag but only you can decide what price is in your comfort zone. Personally I would never pay twice retail...if you ordered this in your store it would be the same price as a regular birkin. To some, not having to wait is worth the price. Good luck deciding!

I don't think any purse (no matter how magical and wonderful) is ever worth putting yourself in debt for. Even though it's beautiful, you did say you wished that there was more blue on the outside, so it's not like it's peeeerfect for you either.

Maybe consider putting what you do have toward some other pieces and keep your fingers crossed for an SO offer where you can get something amazing and that you truly love!
:smile::smile:

It's more than twice the price!

Maybe you should talk to the seller and see if he/she agrees to negotiate another price? I've never bought from a reseller but I've read here on tpf that they often drop the price during negotiation.

Good luck ;)

I don't think any purse (no matter how magical and wonderful) is ever worth putting yourself in debt for. Even though it's beautiful, you did say you wished that there was more blue on the outside, so it's not like it's peeeerfect for you either.

Maybe consider putting what you do have toward some other pieces and keep your fingers crossed for an SO offer where you can get something amazing and that you truly love!

very true.. maybe it's just LUST at first sight.. thank you so much for the sound advice ( and how you stressed that it's not my most perfect birkin was lika a knock on the head haha!:graucho:)

It's more than twice the price!

Maybe you should talk to the seller and see if he/she agrees to negotiate another price? I've never bought from a reseller but I've read here on tpf that they often drop the price during negotiation.

Good luck ;)

I don't think they are willing to negotiate.. but since everybody has stressed that it is more than twice the price, i don't think i'm getting it.. i'll just wait for a Blue electrique Birkin to come along.. with the right price of course! haha

everybody is just so right!!! good thing i immediately asked fellow TPF'ers or else i'd be stuck with a nasty credit card debt and a birkin that i might end up reselling...

everybody is just so right!!! good thing i immediately asked fellow TPF'ers or else i'd be stuck with a nasty credit card debt and a birkin that i might end up reselling...

I'm glad you decided to not get it. It is way overpriced, and as you said not your HG. You probably would have ended up regretting it, and then be stuck with paying for something you regret.

Agree. Move on from this one and wait for your dream bag at a more reasonable price. Stop looking at it now or you may succumb:smile:!

yikes!!!! on the price.

if it's waaay out of my league i'd forget it and wait and go to the H store and get the bag i really want at THE H store.

and yes i have waited as long as 2 years for my dream bag (SB2 cobalt)

It's gorgeous but this seller is just taking advantage and trying to be greedy...although a stunning bag it definitely would have to be lowered in price before anyone including myself would say go for it. I honestly think this seller will not get that price she is asking for so I think you should still watch it closely...unless of course you already moved on to wanting a full BE bag!