Should I give up my membership. . .

roomommy

O.G.
May 14, 2008
. . . in the Stam-owners club? Is it heresy? Will I be flogged by heavy gold chains and chased from the MJ subforum?

I don't seem to use, or even really look forward to using, my only stam, in S/S 08 grey goat leather. I don't like the gold chain (not a gold chain kinda girl) so the couple times I've carried her, I've used the handles and I just don't like the bulk hanging from my arm.

I bought the stam because I love the grey goat leather so much and it was a good price.
Should I keep it just for that? Or use the $$ for better purposes (like, the stuff that daydreams are made of?)
Will a sale grey Bruna/Casey ever appear to take the Stam's place?:confused1:

attachment.php

although the cartoon version of a 'flogging by stam chain' sounds hilarious in a twisted handbag sorta way....if it doesn't work for you, sell it before ebay becomes satan, and get something you love!

Hey, until today I didn't even think I really liked stams, so you certainly won't hear it from me! How boring would it be if we all had the same taste? I personally think that hanging onto a bag that you don't look forward to carrying, or that you never DO carry, is a bit of a waste. If I don't carry a bag for a month, I probably won't keep it. That's just me. (Unless it's something that's obviously seasonal.) It sounds like you have a better idea now of what works for you and what doesn't, and the stam doesn't. I think you should sell it and put that money towards the bag of your dreams:yes: Just MHO.

Well, this is tough for me to say, but it sounds like you already know what you should do. The stam is not for everyone, I happen to adore it, but I bet there are plenty that don't. If you've carried it & still don't love it I say sell it & get the bag that you will want to carry. I'm guessing there will be plenty of girls interested in this & perhaps you could make your $ back. Good luck!!!

Yes, I guess I do know what I should do. Just needed that outward confirmation, you know (and of course your approval:P)? Thanks, everybody, for giving me the collective thumbs up!

I really love that leather but if she's just going to end up in a dresser drawer 99% of the time, I guess it's a waste. (yes, I still haven't come all the way out of the closet. Used the idea of keeping bags in a chest of drawers, but it's not glass-fronted. :ninja:smile:

Hey, it's better than my current storage solution: my daughter's Pack 'n' Play! I just haven't gotten around to cleaning out the tall cubbies in my closet so I've just been putting the bags in the P'n'P in their dust bags:shame:

don't feel bad I am not a stam kinda girl either...think they are gorgeous to look at just not for me!! It's better to have something that suits you and you love to carry!

I for one, would be happy to take that stam off your hands! I am actually going through the same debate with some of my bags...I just don't feel I will end up using them enough to justify keeping them.

I don't think so. There are a lot of people, myself included, who can appreciate the beauty of a Stam without having a desire to actually carry one- it's just not my style, from the quilting to the chain strap to the shape. But they're classy bags and I could look at other people wear them all day!
Anyway, I definitely agree with June that you should go ahead and sell it on Ebay before it just implodes. I bet you'd be able to get a good price on that beauty! Good luck!

Hey, it's better than my current storage solution: my daughter's Pack 'n' Play! I just haven't gotten around to cleaning out the tall cubbies in my closet so I've just been putting the bags in the P'n'P in their dust bags:shame:

That's the most creative and glamorous use of a pack 'n' play that I've heard of so far!

I don't think so. There are a lot of people, myself included, who can appreciate the beauty of a Stam without having a desire to actually carry one- it's just not my style, from the quilting to the chain strap to the shape. But they're classy bags and I could look at other people wear them all day!

I never thought about that, but it makes sense. Sometimes it's satisfying enough to look at gorgeous bags on other people. At least, I wish I could be satisfied just from that!