Should I give up my membership. . .

I actually agree with Iluvmybags, it's too beautiful to give up! The Stam is already a classic and to have it in grey with gold hardware is a nice combination. I'm biased too because I'm all for classic MJ bags (Stam, MP, Venetia). Good luck though with what ever you decide! :smile:

LR, I sensed right when you got this bag that you weren't over the moon about it. You know I love the stam, so when we're in the crazy old ladies' home together, you can pet mine all you want. :P

I understand your hesitation - it's a really beautiful bag, with gorgeous leather ... it's hard to part with. If you're not going to use it, and it will cause guilt that you're not using it, then I say it's time to go. If you're not going to use it but it won't cause any guilt for you, then I say keep it, in case you change your mind down the road.

i think if you have to ask whether or not you should give up your membership, then it's time you ought to. the stam is beautiful, but it's just not for everyone. i agree that it's not the most comfortable or functional bag mj makes. i think you should find it a new home, use the funds to get something you'll have no doubts about keeping, and sooner or later (hopefully, much much sooner), you'll come across a grey bruna or casey. and there you go! a perfect happy ending. :queen:

if you have to ask the question, then time to go, LOL!! you know when something is not right for you.
i remember when you purchased that beauty (it was on my watch list, just too SCARED to buy it) i love that grey and that goat leather. i'm sure there are lots of people interested, me included :yes:

I agree w/suprechic99... I love the look of the stam but don't own one (anymore). Just not practical for me. Sell it and get find something you really love.

I don't think so. There are a lot of people, myself included, who can appreciate the beauty of a Stam without having a desire to actually carry one- it's just not my style, from the quilting to the chain strap to the shape. But they're classy bags and I could look at other people wear them all day!
Anyway, I definitely agree with June that you should go ahead and sell it on Ebay before it just implodes. I bet you'd be able to get a good price on that beauty! Good luck!

Last edited:
I think if you know you probably won't use the Stam very much, maybe you should liquidate and make room (and $) for another bag you truly love. That's what I did with my Sophia. I basically bought it b/c I needed a black bag and the price was right but I never truly loved her ;) I love the soft quilt dark grey but I don't know how I'd feel about having it on a big bag. BTW, I don't know whether dark grey bruna/casey will ever go on sale. Back with those styles were on sale/clearance, it was for all colors except the dark grey as it was the most popular. I could be wrong though and dept stores might feel the need to put the remaining few on the sales table to make room for the Fall 08 Grey bags...

Roomommy,

I agree with your logic. That is why I just sold my only Stam. and why I am selling one more bag that I dont use. If you are a collector who hopes to hold out and sell later for a higher price, fine, keep it. However, if you are like me and wish to own things that you can truly use, then selling is the right thing to do.

However, I do caution you that the mere fact that you created this thread to get advise signals to me that you may not be ready to part.

HTP:yes:

Wow, I'm so impressed by all the thoughtful responses--you gals are the best!!:smooch:
The stam is going to go--hopefully to somebody who will use her more.

You may be right MJ Superfan; I don't know how many of the grey Brunas/Caseys are left. The only dept store I've seen them in was Bloomies. I may have to bite the bullet and pay full retail on one of these, which kills me because I got the stam for close to 50% off retail.
My other option is the dark grey Eugenie, which I don't have much use for, but I'd feel better not using a Eugenie than a stam which costs 3x as much.
Obviously, I just love that s/s08 grey! The Fall 08 one is not the same shade, and the leather is different too. Too bad, because a Spring Street in the s/s08 grey would be :wtf:.

\ BTW, I don't know whether dark grey bruna/casey will ever go on sale. Back with those styles were on sale/clearance, it was for all colors except the dark grey as it was the most popular. I could be wrong though and dept stores might feel the need to put the remaining few on the sales table to make room for the Fall 08 Grey bags...

^:roflmfao::roflmfao:

Nope, don't worry--you just missed the ebay auction + 20% live.com discount.

Ahhh -- nope, didn't miss it -- no paypal a/c, so I wouldn't have gotten the 20% d/c anyhow -- with all the new stams this season, maybe I'll get lucky and find a grey one on sale come Nov (doubt it -- my Nordstroms is already sold out of the grey and purple stams!!!)

roomommy, it think your decision to sell is the best you could have made. I love the stam and think yours is absolutely beautiful, but what good does it do to keep her in the drawer and not use her. You will find a bag that you'll love and use more. But I wish we could make deals like that over here, too :nuts:.