Should I give up my membership. . .

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. . . . in the Stam-owners club? Is it heresy? Will I be flogged by heavy gold chains and chased from the MJ subforum?

I don't seem to use, or even really look forward to using, my only stam, in S/S 08 grey goat leather. I don't like the gold chain (not a gold chain kinda girl) so the couple times I've carried her, I've used the handles and I just don't like the bulk hanging from my arm.

I bought the stam because I love the grey goat leather so much and it was a good price.
    Should I keep it just for that? Or use the $$ for better purposes (like, the stuff that daydreams are made of?)
    Will a sale grey Bruna/Casey ever appear to take the Stam's place?:confused1:

[​IMG]

2. you won't be flogged by me ;) I love the look of the stam but it's not a practical bag for me.

3. although the cartoon version of a 'flogging by stam chain' sounds hilarious in a twisted handbag sorta way....if it doesn't work for you, sell it before ebay becomes satan, and get something you love!

4. ditto that.... I can't say that I'm a satchel type of girl. It's gorgeous, but to each their own, right?

5. Hey, until today I didn't even think I really liked stams, so you certainly won't hear it from me! How boring would it be if we all had the same taste? I personally think that hanging onto a bag that you don't look forward to carrying, or that you never DO carry, is a bit of a waste. If I don't carry a bag for a month, I probably won't keep it. That's just me. (Unless it's something that's obviously seasonal.) It sounds like you have a better idea now of what works for you and what doesn't, and the stam doesn't. I think you should sell it and put that money towards the bag of your dreams:yes: Just MHO.

6. Well, this is tough for me to say, but it sounds like you already know what you should do. The stam is not for everyone, I happen to adore it, but I bet there are plenty that don't. If you've carried it & still don't love it I say sell it & get the bag that you will want to carry. I'm guessing there will be plenty of girls interested in this & perhaps you could make your $ back. Good luck!!!

7. Yes, I guess I do know what I should do. Just needed that outward confirmation, you know (and of course your approval:P)? Thanks, everybody, for giving me the collective thumbs up!

I really love that leather but if she's just going to end up in a dresser drawer 99% of the time, I guess it's a waste. (yes, I still haven't come all the way out of the closet. Used the idea of keeping bags in a chest of drawers, but it's not glass-fronted. :ninja:smile:

8. Hey, it's better than my current storage solution: my daughter's Pack 'n' Play! I just haven't gotten around to cleaning out the tall cubbies in my closet so I've just been putting the bags in the P'n'P in their dust bags:shame:

9. don't feel bad I am not a stam kinda girl either...think they are gorgeous to look at just not for me!! It's better to have something that suits you and you love to carry!

10. I for one, would be happy to take that stam off your hands! I am actually going through the same debate with some of my bags...I just don't feel I will end up using them enough to justify keeping them.

11. I don't think so. There are a lot of people, myself included, who can appreciate the beauty of a Stam without having a desire to actually carry one- it's just not my style, from the quilting to the chain strap to the shape. But they're classy bags and I could look at other people wear them all day!
    Anyway, I definitely agree with June that you should go ahead and sell it on Ebay before it just implodes. I bet you'd be able to get a good price on that beauty! Good luck!

12. I think you'll hear the same answer from a lot of us. Get rid of it and get something you can't live without!

13. That's the most creative and glamorous use of a pack 'n' play that I've heard of so far!

14. If you think it's not for you, definitely sell it and use the $$$ for something that you'll love!

15. I never thought about that, but it makes sense. Sometimes it's satisfying enough to look at gorgeous bags on other people. At least, I wish I could be satisfied just from that!