Should I get White or Yellow Trench Coat?

Should I get the trench coat in white or yellow

• Go for the white and wear it even after Labor Day

• Go with the yellow as it is more transeasonal

Results are only viewable after voting.

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Interested in some opinions. I am going to get a new trench coat and I really like this one from Nordstrom:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2964010?origin=shoppingbag

When I saw it, my first impulse was to go for the white since it would go with everything. Where I live trench coats are of more use in the months of March-April and again in October-November. A white coat in the fall though....

I love the tangerine, but it would not go with as much in my wardrobe and I don't think it goes with my complexion as well. I also love the yellow which would go with more and I could wear in the fall. It is a strong color, though and I have several shoes with strong colors (pink, red, turquise etc) and am getting some bags with strong colors.

Black is not an option.

So white or yellow?

It depends on the rest of your wardrobe and what you want to wear the trench with - I really like the yellow, but it's a color that's not going to go with everything.

I think you could easily wear the white after Labor Day because the trench is such a classic piece, but you'd have to be really careful with it so that it stayed that crisp looking.

I said yellow, but not really because it's more trans-seasonal.
If anything, the white would be that. I won't get into my whole no-white-after-labor-day-spiel.
I think the yellow would look nice with a variety of spring/summer/fall colors, and would stand out, but it doesn't seem like such a bold color that you'd get bored of it fast. White is pretty predictable for a trench.
But if you're looking for something to wear in winter as well, go with the white.