Should I get this Chanel Tweed Classic Flap?

1. Hello!
    Would love your input on this bag.
    I came across this Classic Jumbo in Tweed that I am not sure is a right or wrong purchase. I have sold so many bags this year because I am not carrying them and because I simply regretted them and decided to only buy bags that are classics and that do not become a fad. I know Chanel always has tweed classics in their collections, so do you think this will lose its allure to me or is it a timeless piece that will not become old-style.

PS: I love Tweed and I love the Jumbo size the most, but I'm second-guessing everything I love these days :biggrin:.
    Appreciate any opinions.

chanel tweed 2.jpg

2. I love this! If you think you will use it, get it.

Reez and Kendie26 like this.
  3. Tweed is very personal so what might appeal to one person might not to someone else. If you love it, then I would say get it

I totally get what you meant as I got bitten bad by the Chanel bug bad these past 2-3 years and bought a crazy number of classic and seasonal styles. I sold quite a few of my seasonal buys and kept mostly classic styles that work for me. One of the few non-classic style i kept is a tweed CC filigree flap. I reach for my tweed bag when I need something a bit dressier to style up plain outfits.

4. Hello Reez! I’m like you in terms of downsizing lots of bags & only wanting classics (& maybe a trendy bag or 2). I’ve always adored chanel tweed & own 1 tweed reissue. It’s understandable to second guess yourself w/ big choices like this, especially after selling so many. I would just give pause until you are absolutely 100% sure of this purchase (I only say that because you said you are not sure if it is right or wrong )...I think it’s gorgeous & the tweed colors are totally neutral & would likely work w/ lots of your wardrobe....but you must love it & be totally sure about it. Best luck deciding!:flowers:

Bibi25260, Apricots, eckw and 2 others like this.
  5. I love it. I don't think this would look dated anytime soon.

Christofle, Bibi25260 and Reez like this.
  6. I really like it and it is the classic flap. I don't think this is an everyday bag though. I would have a frank discussion with your dedicated SA regarding owning a tweed bag. If you live in a predominantly cooler, rainy, etc environment, I would suggest not buying it.

Reez likes this.
  7. Hey,
    concerning the fact that Chanel was the one who invented Tweed in her clothes and it still one of the things the brand stands for I think Tweed is very classic, but with a twist, since every Tweed piece, even from the same collection, is a little bit different. I personally would love to have a Tweed bag in the classic flap in either small or medium/large, but have not come across one I particularly like. I do not know about durability, but I think it might me more durable than lambskin. The bag you are showing is gorgeous in my opinion, but for me also the price is a factor I consider, because if it is more or almost the same as a leather classic flap I would pass.

Hope that helped. xx C.

Bee-licious and Reez like this.
  8. Yes, yes you should.

Reez likes this.
  9. I was considering a tweed flap when buying my first Chanel as I have other leather flap bags. I chose a caviar then as it will probably be my only Chanel. So if you have other leather bags this one is a nice add to your collection.

Reez likes this.
  10. If money wasn’t an issue, then YES!! It’s beautiful and classic, I can see you using it for years to come. I’m unsure of durability (would the tweed snag or pill?) but if it lasts, then for sure go for it - I would! However money would be a huge factor for me so I wouldn’t buy this myself since I don’t have excess budget for a tweed bag unfortunately but I am eyeing one for the future

Reez likes this.
  11. YES this a classic updated look and agree won't look dated at all!
    I wanted this bag myself and three years ago Paris didn't had the jumbo size :sad:

Reez likes this.
  12. #12 Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Hi there! I just had a feeling by your title that the picture of the bag would be the quilted, sequin blk/silver tweed bag -which I have in the medium/large flap! I spied it, hubby loved it, so I got to bring her home last year! :heart:
    (I think I have a picture posted somewhere on the forum:angel:- https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/photos-of-your-chanels-in-action.937413/page-733#post-31360230)
    I will add that I use it on special occasions, evening out to dinner,etc. so not an everyday bag unless that’s what you prefer to do then absolutely rock it to your hearts content!!:heart::flowers:

13. This piece looks a bit busy to me. I'd pass.

Reez likes this.