Should i get this chanel chevron jumbo?

29lexlex29

Sep 4, 2013
Hi Ladies!

New to the Chanel club and the purse forum. But anw, i need yalls advice! Should i buy this blue chevron jumbo fro the 2010 collection?
The lady is sellling it for 4150 sgd. which comes up to around 3200 usd which is more than the original 3000 usd price tag. She says she wants to recoup her loss and i believe her as the prices in Singapore are crazy!!
But i feel that it could be cheaper?? Thinking of either asking below 4000 or just buying another chanel from Yoogis closet. Been eyeing this one for ages and its cheaper. Only downside is that i have to wait for it to ship here! What do you guys think?

Attachments

zeni

Jan 9, 2010
There are chevron collections at the Chanel store now arround that price, just buy a new bag if price is the same. Dont know if they had the blue ones though

29lexlex29

Sep 4, 2013
There are chevron collections at the Chanel store now arround that price, just buy a new bag if price is the same. Dont know if they had the blue ones though
Hmmm. That is true. But im looking for a jumbo to put my documents! unsure whether ill be able to get a new one at this price :sad:(

thay

O.G.
Dec 22, 2009
i have the chevron maxi in black with silver hardware and it is my favorite chanel bag (ever) i love it b/c it's a classic but a little less sort of seen everywhere, whenever i'm in the boutique the SAs always comment on it. i wasn't aware this bag was available in store anymore... personally, i do think it's a fair price if it's in great condition which it looks to be in the pics... also the color is amazing!! i'm not a big color person but that is a stunner and i also prefer the single flap which this is - right? i don't think you can get single flap anymore from in store... but of course you have to feel really great about your purchase!! hope it all works out!!

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC

None of the Chevron style that have come out are classic flaps though. This 2010 collection is a classic flap, just with Chevron quilting. I honestly fell that if it is in excellent condition, the price is more than fair, especially considering prices these days.

Canneiv

Feb 13, 2011
Ban Island
I think this is very nice in fair price. For 3,200 USD, you can't even get that in Chevron Jumbo. Yoogi's closet never have such color. I 'll say "go for it" If this is the color you've been looking for years.

helenhandbag

May 17, 2014
Goodness I love this bag! I understand your and the seller's issues with price difference. It is indeed a lot more expensive in Asia, and they'll obviously not sell according to your local Chanel prices. Am also looking at Asian web shops all the time and crying at the sight of their prices. Would usually not do it as reselling it here in Europe (if you'd even want to) would be a sure big loss.

But this bag...it is gorgeous...

taram2014

Jun 1, 2014
I like the color (i'm a sucker for great blue's). Maybe negotiate a bit with the seller so you feel like you are getting a better deal?

Good luck with your decision.

killua_estee

Apr 30, 2011
Singapore
The color is beautiful! I find that chanel chevrons are not common in Singapore, and it's difficult to find one in such good condition! I'd say go for it if you love it.

I saw another lady selling a similar one for $4,600 -
BRAND NEW CHANEL CHEVRON JUMBO for $4,600 http://carousell.co/p/1817690 or is it the same piece? :what: