Should I get this bag?

jessla

Jul 11, 2013
I feel like I already know the answer... but just want to get several second opinions. I have the opportunity to get a really great deal on the Gucci Nice Microguccissima Leather Tote in either white or acero (I'm leaning toward white). I won't say at what price, because I don't want it to influence what people say... but it's a really good deal that I will probably not have the opportunity to take advantage of again.

See pictures here: http://www.lyst.com/bags/gucci-nice-microguccissima-leather-tote-white/

The reasons I am thinking of not getting it is that I've obviously already been spending a lot during the holiday season on presents (holidays, weddings, and birthdays), dresses for parties, hostess gifts, potlucks, etc. And I've also recently booked 2 vacations. So if it were a different time of year, I wouldn't think twice. But I'll really be spending to the last penny if I buy this bag.

I really do love the bag a lot! I technically can afford it, and will have more paychecks (and hopefully won't have to pay back taxes in January -- eek!), but, like I said, I'll really be spending to the last penny this month if I buy this bag.

So yay or nay? Obviously I don't *need* it, but why would I be on this forum if I did lol?

Does it fill a gap in your collection and will you get a lot of use out of it? Or is it solely that it's just a really good deal and you don't want to miss out on that?

I tend to regret not buying staple pieces, especially those at discounts, and wind up a few months later finding outfits where I wish I had said piece.

On the flip side, if I'm hesitating too much, I often don't buy it for the fact that while it may get use and be a good value, if I've not already purchased it, I don't want it.

I've seen the white in person at Nordstrom and I love it. I have no white bags, they're just not my thing, but this one (and the Bella flap in mystic white) are calling to me. It looks so chic and "smart," as my mother would say.