Should I get this bag?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all, as some of you know, I have been searching for a grey patent Bayswater for a long time. Some very kind ladies on the forum have PM'd me to let me know when they have turned up on ebay. There is one on there now but I'm not sure because it has some funny marks all over it that can be seen on the pictures. The seller said she doesn't know what caused it - she thinks it may be that the bag went too close to a heat source! Although she said it doesn't look as if the bag has been used much. What does everyone think? Should I go for it or not?

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mulberry-Lux-...ViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item20afbe8a5b

Hi HB

I agree with RachieM, this is your HG bag and Id wait for a nicer one.

I think creasing on patent is fair enough - but those marks worry me............not sure whats caused them.....I dont think you could do anything to improve them either.

Yes, its an unusual bag but they do come up from time to time.

Ells xx

I've had a look at the bag. I think if you've waited a long time and it is something you really want - will you be satisfied with a bag with marks on it?
I don't think I would be - I don't mind pre-used bag but wouldn't like "faults".

It's a hard decision. What's your own gut feeling honeybunch?

I am inclined to agree with rachiem. You may only see the faults rather than the bag itself once it arrives, especially if it is your HG bag. I would say that it's probably not worth the risk.

Ohh I confess I never noticed that when I found the listing! I was more concerned with sending you a PM as fast as possible :lol:

I wonder what has caused that, it seems strange almost like there is air under the coating.. you know how things look when you put sticky back plastic on badly? I would probably say hold out for a perfect one if you think this will really bother you. On the other hand you could always send a photo to Mulberry repairs and see what they make of it. If you got it for a bargain price and it was something repairable it might be worth it. Problems with the patent don't really seem to be that easily repaired though do they? Hmm.. I think it is how you feel about it that matters the most, what are you thinking about it?

Hi all, as some of you know, I have been searching for a grey patent Bayswater for a long time. Some very kind ladies on the forum have PM'd me to let me know when they have turned up on ebay. There is one on there now but I'm not sure because it has some funny marks all over it that can be seen on the pictures. The seller said she doesn't know what caused it - she thinks it may be that the bag went too close to a heat source! Although she said it doesn't look as if the bag has been used much. What does everyone think? Should I go for it or not?

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mulberry-Lux-...ViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item20afbe8a5b
Hi Honeybunch. I've bought from this seller quite a few times. She may well be happy for you to return the bag for a refund if , once it has arrived, you feel the marks are too much to live with.
Worth asking?

If it was regular leather those marks would bother me alot, but on patent it is so glossy and the light shines off it so much that I think it really wouldnt bother me too much.
Obviously I would not pay as high a price for it, but if got a good deal I would be most tempted.
It really is lovely in the grey, and I too have used Shona Mac in the past with no probs at all x

Yes I agree, definitely wait for a perfect bay, I'm sure one will turn up somewhere! ..and when you least expect it!!
It looks to me as if the patent layer is starting to come away, probably due to general wear and tear (like with patent shoes- the patent layer starts to crease and eventually the air gets in). Hmm...
Happy deliberating! S xoxox

Thanks for your opinions ladies. What most of you said is exactly what I had been feeling. I should just wait for a perfect one to come along. I don't think I would be happy with this one. Miss_mabel - I'm really glad you PM'd me - it was really nice of you to think of me.

Thanks for your opinions ladies. What most of you said is exactly what I had been feeling. I should just wait for a perfect one to come along. I don't think I would be happy with this one. Miss_mabel - I'm really glad you PM'd me - it was really nice of you to think of me.
Right decision! Your HG should be PERFECT!!