Should I get these earrings?

Bold_as_Love

Nov 6, 2009
I'm thinking about getting these earrings. Do any of you gals have them? If so, are they heavy? Any quality issues? Do you have a modeling pic you can show me?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• cha.jpg
    cha.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 450
I'm thinking about getting these earrings. Do any of you gals have them? If so, are they heavy? Any quality issues? Do you have a modeling pic you can show me?

Thank you!!

I don't have them, but do you like them? Have you seen them in person? I think because they are enameled instead of strassed, they will hold up pretty well. They are pretty.

I went to the boutique yesterday and saw them in person, but I didn't buy them because I wanted to think about it first! They're USD $350. I love them, but at the same time, it's a lot of money for a pair of earrings.

I have the matching necklace and I love it!

I went to the boutique yesterday and saw them in person, but I didn't buy them because I wanted to think about it first! They're USD $350. I love them, but at the same time, it's a lot of money for a pair of earrings.

I have the matching necklace and I love it!

Did they feel heavy when you picked them up? $350 is a lot for cj, yes, but all of Chanel's cj is a lot of money. I try not to buy it anymore, as I feel I can just put what I'd spent on cj towards a really nice bit of fine jewelry. Perspective helps: you can get a lot for $350 with a company like Blue Nile or others.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-14k-white-gold-stud-earrings_27764?track=po $395 gets you 1/3 tcw diamond earrings in 14k white gold.
http://www.bluenile.com/princess-stud-diamond-earrings-14k-white-gold_32342?track=po $350 gets you 1/3 tcw diamond earrings princess cut in 14k wg.

Last edited:
They weren't that heavy when I picked them up, but I didn't try them on so I'm not sure about the actual weight.

You're so right! My dream is to one day own the classic flap... I guess I should pass on the earrings and put that 350 towards the purse huh?

You're right about getting better quality jewelry for the same money.

They weren't that heavy when I picked them up, but I didn't try them on so I'm not sure about the actual weight.

You're so right! My dream is to one day own the classic flap... I guess I should pass on the earrings and put that 350 towards the purse huh?

You're right about getting better quality jewelry for the same money.

If what you really want is the classic flap, then you should certainly hold out for what you truly desire, and put that $350 in a savings fund for that bag.

Chanel (or any brand) costume jewelry is just that; it's not silver, gold, or even brass. The beads are plastic not pearls. It's not that solid either, and the strass pieces lose stones (as do others), and how many have we heard from on here that have things break after one or two wearings? Save your money. :smile:

I think they're gorgeous and I would get them. Chanel will fix it if there are ever any problems. They are versatile and in the big scheme of things $350 is not going to hinder the purchase of a classic flap. To say you can get something else worth more for that price... Well try reselling those small diamond studs... You couldn't. The chanel earrings however, you'll probably sell them for not much less than you purchased. Besides, that size stud is way too small, those earrings are the perfect size :smile:

$350? I got my black drop CC earrings with mini clovers for under $300.... Personally, im not a fan of the earrings you posted. I would rather get the tiny cc diamond drop earrings for that price.

The most money I ever spent on Chanel earrings was my seed pearl CC logo with pearl drop earrings in gold....those were over $400.

If what you really want is the classic flap, then you should certainly hold out for what you truly desire, and put that $350 in a savings fund for that bag.

Chanel (or any brand) costume jewelry is just that; it's not silver, gold, or even brass. The beads are plastic not pearls. It's not that solid either, and the strass pieces lose stones (as do others), and how many have we heard from on here that have things break after one or two wearings? Save your money. :smile:

Totally agree with you tutu!!:tup:

I kinda agree with PWD.
Hmmm.. costume jewellery & diamond studs give different effects to your outfit. A girl should own both.
Having said that, the earrings you have shown are so pretty but if you are not the dressy type of person (someone who puts in effort to doll up & changes her accessories everyday), then its better not to get them. Just my $0.02 worth. :smile:

I think if you like them, you should buy them. If you need to ask what others think, maybe you don't like them enough? Plus I don't think we can tell unless you put up a modelling shot :smile:

IMHO I don't think buying luxury costume jewellery can be compared to buying fine jewellery. One is fun and the other is sensible haha :smile:

I got mine in Europe for about US260 before tax...maybe something you can consider waiting? I honestly do love the look, very classic.. I even ended up buying the ring too as a set! I have small earlobes so felt heavy on me at first and since I don't wear gold well, I wear them a bit less. But I think since this style will always be around, it could be something you wait to buy in Europe.

I got mine in Europe for about US260 before tax...maybe something you can consider waiting? I honestly do love the look, very classic.. I even ended up buying the ring too as a set! I have small earlobes so felt heavy on me at first and since I don't wear gold well, I wear them a bit less. But I think since this style will always be around, it could be something you wait to buy in Europe.

Here's a photo of the set...

Attachments

• 1408188235007.jpg
    1408188235007.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 296