Should I get the PSM? Buyers remorse?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Debating on getting a Palm Springs Mini for my birthday in May.. anyone think the tiny backpack is worth the $2500+ price tag? Does anyone who owns one have buyers remorse for any sort of reason or would you recommend this bag and why?

2. I bought it over 2 years ago, used it, had quality problems, got an exchange and now I don’t use it as much. When it was my newest bag I used it all the time but since I bought my Chanel minis I tend to use those now more often than not. I still use it, but I don’t reach for it as much, as I worry it will have another quality issue. It’s a cute bag and fits a lot. If you think you’ll use it then buy it. It’s a fun bag to style and wear.

3. thanks for your reply! was it a quality issue with the zipper? i heard that they came out with an improved version where they fixed a common zipper issue everyone was having.

4. I find this bag passé already, but if you love it and plan on using it then go for it. It’s all very subjective.

jelly-baby likes this.
  5. I’ve bought it twice and sold it twice. It’s really cute. It really is. But I was constantly worried about the sharp corners of the front pocket, that they’ll get rubbed/worn. And the strap attachments. And the zipper. I treated it so gently lol. It just got too inconvenient to worry about all these things. Also, after a while, I felt the “little backpack” look is a bit gimmicky. So I’ve gone back to using “normal” mini bags.

IWICBTAll! and jelly-baby like this.
  6. Are you thinking of the denim patchwork? Skip that material. I like the look of canvas more. I bought a look-a-like from MCM. Cost way less and I have less issue to worry about.

Stansgirl and jelly-baby like this.
  7. I've bought this bag last week and hold it for the first time in my hands. Yes, maybe the trend is passé, but I love this cutie and I see myself using it a lot :smile: That's the thing with trends: they dictate us what we have to love for how long we have to love it.
    My bag is perfect, no flaws and I think I don't have to baby it. I've read all the comments about bad quality, but everything is fine.
    Worth it? That's another thing: None of the luxury bags is worth the money. You will get Mini Backpacks from other brands, well made, for a small piece of the price. No other person can answer this for you, it is a lot money.

jelly-baby likes this.
  8. So I have owned 3 and sold 3. Firstly the mono OM, which I sold as the zip was awkward. But I was still loved the bag and when a reverse PSM was for sale on a preloved site I thought that would be love at first sight! Unfortunately, I was really disappointed with the reverse colour in real life. It’s actually very dull so I sold it on.

When they brought out the NM with the zip update I bought it again. It went in and out my cupboard for 2 weeks then I sold to a consignment store (for more than I paid!). It is the end of the road for me and PSM. We are not a compatible couple it seems.

My negatives are the size (just too small to be carefree as you have to organise everything inside) and the fact that it’s a backpack, but I’d never wear as a backpack as it does not sit right (for me).