Should i get the new clutch in black caviar?

cashcash

Jun 13, 2009
Am torn... I just bought two new mini in navy and beige. I was told there's a new clutch in black caviar which is super hard to get. Should I buy? I recently spent a lot on Chanel bags :sad: but this caviar is nice, right?

Attachments

• image-349092702.png
    image-349092702.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 997
Yes this is a nice clutch with chain $2100. Much bigger than the mini flap and it is true this is very hard to get too. If I have to choose, I will choose to keep the navy mini flap just because I am afraid of color transfer with the beige and exchange the beige with this clutch. But look wise, I prefer beige mini.

I know Chanel is very addictive. I keep putting a shopping ban and uplifting it. LOL.

yodaling1 said:
Yes this is a nice clutch with chain $2100. Much bigger than the mini flap and it is true this is very hard to get too. If I have to choose, I will choose to keep the navy mini flap just because I am afraid of color transfer with the beige and exchange the beige with this clutch. But look wise, I prefer beige mini.

I know Chanel is very addictive. I keep putting a shopping ban and uplifting it. LOL.

How will you compare the new clutch with the in business? Price wise not big difference but much more roomy

How will you compare the new clutch with the in business? Price wise not big difference but much more roomy

I have tried the clutch in patent leather and the in the business flap in black leather at NM and the in the business was very large and very nice. That could be a good every day bag. I think this clutch looks nice for weekends/evenings but people have concerns about loading too much into the bag due to the chain being attached at the sides. The in the business you can use double straps or one longer strap but it was not long enough to wear crossbody for most people. The clutch you can only carry it by the shoulder strap or tuck the strap in and carry it like a clutch. I really like the classy/classic look of the clutch. I think they are totally different looks/sizes so guess it depends on what bag suits your lifestyle more?

I am LOVING my black caviar clutch! Ended up returning my mini. I think this is a much nicer bag for the money and something I'll get way more use out of. I regularly use my WOC half moon and my LV Eva, so the clutch was a better way to round out my collection.

I say get it, you won't be sorry! (Sorry I'm an enabler ;) )

Get it first OP and then return whichever one you don't want otherwise you will regret.

It really depends on how you want to use the bag. The clutch and the ITB is quite different so I don't know how to compare between these two. Totally agree with what SMALL has said up there.

Thanks for the advice. I agreed that they are completely different in terms of quality and structure. I got confused because of the price as business is not costly comparatively. I hv 2 black 2.55 and 2 portobello in black and 1 camera lamb in black. But I think I will still go for caviar as I don't hv this leather other than minis. Plus the sales sd its almost impossible to get, is it true???
Tks everyone!!! Have a wonderful 2012 and happy new year!!

Have been debating over this clutch too, but choose the mini since it can be worn cross-body. But if a shoulderbag is what you r looking for and you like to use it for evening outs, this would be a perfect choice (roomy enough to bring yr essentials). As I gather, you already have a lot of daily usable bags! Have seen this bag only once in my local store, the strap looked fragile to me...Better not overload the bag :smile:
Good luck with your choice (afterall cant really go wrong with Chanel right?) :graucho:

LVsister said:
Have been debating over this clutch too, but choose the mini since it can be worn cross-body. But if a shoulderbag is what you r looking for and you like to use it for evening outs, this would be a perfect choice (roomy enough to bring yr essentials). As I gather, you already have a lot of daily usable bags! Have seen this bag only once in my local store, the strap looked fragile to me...Better not overload the bag :smile:
Good luck with your choice (afterall cant really go wrong with Chanel right?) :graucho:

Thank you! Yes the strap is another concern apart from how much room it has. But I think it can't go wrong with this given it has a classic flap :smile: but at much lower price! Lavender is soooo nice but I don't know when I can use it and how to maintain it

This is a gorgeous bag and yes hard to find! Where did you see it? I was in London,Paris and HK recently and couldn't locate it in black caviar. It was availale in lavender lamb. I also missed it when it came out couple months back in the patent burgundy/Bordeaux.

Yes!!! This was my first (and only, for now) chanel piece and i really love it. It is aboutnthe same size as the medium flap and holds as much as a medium flap.

I didn't realize it was hard to come by this bag!