Should I get the Mini Pandora Box....

May 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

I'm new to tpf. I can't decide on what handbag to buy. I'm leaning towards the Mini Pandora box because of its unique shape but I am open to others. I do not want the Nightengale or Antigona. Please give me some opinions on other alternatives to this in terms of unique shapes. I don't have anything from Givenchy so this would be my first purchase. I really appreciate it..thanks all~~

How about the mini Pandora not-box? The box is really cute but it barely fits anything. The regular mini Panda is flexible at least.

There are also lots of other non-Givenchy alternatives. What will be using the bag for? Do you prefer highly structured bags (in which case the regular Pandora wouldn't work for you)?

Thank you so much for your response. I was thinking of that but I've seen it around so me seeing it around deems it common, in my opinion. I have not seen the Pandora box around yet ;) I totally agree it's super cute that's why I want a mini but I'm hesitant to upgrade to the medium because I'm on a tight budget right now. Just for everyday and possibly going out at night. I don't go out at night often but I think I might be soon; just a guess as I'll be 21 soon. I would like a structured bag as I don't have one yet; all of mine are unstructured

Thank you so much for your response. I was thinking of that but I've seen it around so me seeing it around deems it common, in my opinion. I have not seen the Pandora box around yet ;) I totally agree it's super cute that's why I want a mini but I'm hesitant to upgrade to the medium because I'm on a tight budget right now. Just for everyday and possibly going out at night. I don't go out at night often but I think I might be soon; just a guess as I'll be 21 soon. I would like a structured bag as I don't have one yet; all of mine are unstructured

Do NOT get a bag that's too small for your needs just because you see it on sale or whatever. I have made that mistake soooo many times and always ended up not using them.

The mini box is definitely too small for an everyday bag. It will not fit your essentials. I think maybe you should hold out for a discounted medium if your heart is set on the box. I have a feeling you'll see them on sale soon.

Okay. Thank you...do you have any other recs that are unique shapes? ^^

I saw in another thread that you're considering a 2jours. That's more functional than the mini box even if you're talking about the mini 2jours.

I am partial to the Alexander McQueen Heroine but it has some functionality issues as well.

Yeah. I do like it a lot but I am impartial to the size because to me it looks a tad bit ordinary but I like how it's really simple-looking. And I shall look that one up. Thank you for your rec ^^

I think you're better off with the medium Pandora box. It could still work as a night out bag and would be big enough for everyday use.
Small/mini could be ok as an everyday bag if you don't take much with you, but you wouldn't be able to put anything extra inside.

As for other suggestions, I really can't think of anything that could match Pandora's (box or not) uniqueness :lol:

Thank you so much Ellyria. I would really like the medium Pandora box too but I'm thinking with that difference between the two, I can get like new shoes or something ;) I only take my wallet, keys, and my cell. The problem is my wallet is bigger than 7 inches and I read that the mini is 7 inches but I'm willing to use like a small coin pouch or something. I totally agree. It's such a unique shape. I am in love with yours!~~

If you want something a little less expensive but with a novel shape you might check out some bags from Alexander Wang. He makes some bags that have dramatic shapes though they are not as well constructed as Givenchy. They are a lot cheaper. These bags are on sale right now:

Small emile in cracked peroxide leather for $718 (don't know the UK price, sorry)

and chastity mini for $578. I'm also partial to the small marion which is a sort of lunchbag shaped crossbody. That one is on sale for $508.

Attachments

• SmallEmile.jpg
    SmallEmile.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 582
  • ChastityMiniSling.jpg
    ChastityMiniSling.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 578
  • SmallMarion.jpg
    SmallMarion.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 587
I am in LOVE with the last one :smile: I'll def. consider this one. Thank you so much for your rec :biggrin:

You're very welcome! Marion comes in 2 sizes and lots of color combos (both leather and HW) though not this season it seems.

If you want something really out of the ordinary Wang makes these with rose gold and even iridescent hardware but you might have to look a little harder for those.

Happy bag hunting!

Thank you so much Ellyria. I would really like the medium Pandora box too but I'm thinking with that difference between the two, I can get like new shoes or something ;) I only take my wallet, keys, and my cell. The problem is my wallet is bigger than 7 inches and I read that the mini is 7 inches but I'm willing to use like a small coin pouch or something. I totally agree. It's such a unique shape. I am in love with yours!~~
Thank you, I totally adore it :girlsigh: :heart:
I usually take just my keys, phone, wallet, coin pouch and water bottle out with me, so I don't need that much space, but I'm grateful for the size of my medium! But then again, I'm a big bag girl.

Good luck with your choice!

And uadjit, darn it, you've got me tempted as well with those pictures :P