Should I get the Kelly 32 Colvert or wait for perfect color?

babymama7

Nov 28, 2013
Hi All!

I need some advise. I have been waiting for a Kelly for about a year now. Last week I got a call from my SA saying she had a Colvert Kelly 32 with PHW. This is not the color nor the hardware I initially wanted. After seeing it in person ( very pretty), the next day I turned it down because I don't think of myself as a 'blue' person.

Over the next 4 days I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went into H for a private cocktail a few days later and chatted to my SA. She mentioned she had been so busy she haddn't offered the bag to anyone else yet and it was still in the warehouse! I asked for it to be brought back into the store. She kept saying how she had really wanted me to get it because its very hard to get a Kelly now. Apparently the allotment for Kellys is half of the Birkins in my local store.

I've pretty much convinced myself that I can use a blue bag. I keep reminding myself of the trouble I had scoring a B or K while traveling and would have jumped at the chance to buy ANY color abroad. And I was getting picky because I am at home. The manager at my H told me that abroad they don't offer Bs or Ks to tourists ( abroad) because they like to service the locals. The stock in my store is pretty slow to get replenished so the fact that there is a Kelly 32 is pretty cool. I feel like the waiting game/ Hermes game is so tricky that I should just take it because chances of getting the exact one I want may be slim.

The more I looked at Colvert, the more I realized its a versatile color, different in every light. Also that it would compliment my many pink outfits!
Have I brainwashed myself or is it truly a chance to get my Kelly?

If you're sure you can love the colvert, go for it! But usually I would trust my own history. I never liked epsom as a leather, but when I had an opportunity to get my first birkin and it was the color/hardware I wanted, but in epsom, I found myself convincing myself that I could like epsom. Shortly after I purchased the bag, I realized that, as I had felt all along in the past, stamped leathers simply were not for me, and I did not love the bag as much as I had thought I would.

Long story short--trust yourself, and get what you truly want. Don't settle because you think this is your only chance to get a kelly.

Hi All!

I need some advise. I have been waiting for a Kelly for about a year now. Last week I got a call from my SA saying she had a Colvert Kelly 32 with PHW. This is not the color nor the hardware I initially wanted. After seeing it in person ( very pretty), the next day I turned it down because I don't think of myself as a 'blue' person.

Over the next 4 days I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went into H for a private cocktail a few days later and chatted to my SA. She mentioned she had been so busy she haddn't offered the bag to anyone else yet and it was still in the warehouse! I asked for it to be brought back into the store. She kept saying how she had really wanted me to get it because its very hard to get a Kelly now. Apparently the allotment for Kellys is half of the Birkins in my local store.

I've pretty much convinced myself that I can use a blue bag. I keep reminding myself of the trouble I had scoring a B or K while traveling and would have jumped at the chance to buy ANY color abroad. And I was getting picky because I am at home. The manager at my H told me that abroad they don't offer Bs or Ks to tourists ( abroad) because they like to service the locals. The stock in my store is pretty slow to get replenished so the fact that there is a Kelly 32 is pretty cool. I feel like the waiting game/ Hermes game is so tricky that I should just take it because chances of getting the exact one I want may be slim.

The more I looked at Colvert, the more I realized its a versatile color, different in every light. Also that it would compliment my many pink outfits!
Hello I am new to the Purse Forum but thought I would share my experience on the colour. It is a lovely shade of blue and I was wearing a blue/pink print dress (a Lily Pulitzer print) when I tried on a Birkin in that colour. If I did not already have blue Hermes bags, I would have bought it.

As for whether you are brainwashing yourself into buying the bag, perhaps do a 'pros' and 'cons' weighing about the colour. Was there historically a reason you did not consider yourself to be a 'Blue' person? Or is it certain shades of Blues that you don't like?

Ultimately it depends on how long you want to wait for your perfect bag vs getting hold of one now in a colour which may not have jumped at you at first, but is growing on you. Good luck with your decision! Hope this helps somehow.

If you're sure you can love the colvert, go for it! But usually I would trust my own history. I never liked epsom as a leather, but when I had an opportunity to get my first birkin and it was the color/hardware I wanted, but in epsom, I found myself convincing myself that I could like epsom. Shortly after I purchased the bag, I realized that, as I had felt all along in the past, stamped leathers simply were not for me, and I did not love the bag as much as I had thought I would.

Long story short--trust yourself, and get what you truly want. Don't settle because you think this is your only chance to get a kelly.
thank you for sharing your thoughts! I guess I thought of myself as a 'pink' person just because its been that way for so long? I'm starting to experiment with different colors now, which is why I was open to Colvert as its blueish- greenish in some light or very rich blue in more yellow light. Its tough because they make it seem like you will never have a chance to get another one!

I really do appreciate all your replies!

Hello I am new to the Purse Forum but thought I would share my experience on the colour. It is a lovely shade of blue and I was wearing a blue/pink print dress (a Lily Pulitzer print) when I tried on a Birkin in that colour. If I did not already have blue Hermes bags, I would have bought it.

As for whether you are brainwashing yourself into buying the bag, perhaps do a 'pros' and 'cons' weighing about the colour. Was there historically a reason you did not consider yourself to be a 'Blue' person? Or is it certain shades of Blues that you don't like?

Ultimately it depends on how long you want to wait for your perfect bag vs getting hold of one now in a colour which may not have jumped at you at first, but is growing on you. Good luck with your decision! Hope this helps somehow.
thanks for taking the time to answer! those were my thoughts exactly about colvert! I feel like it can compliment the many pinks I have. I never thought of it that way. I used to wear pinks HTT! haha.

There is exactly ONE H store in my entire country, therefore the stocks are really slow. When I was in Europe in April I got NO on the Bs and Ks from every single store I went to... thats what I keep thinking of!

Hi All!

This is a tricky one. I know exactly how you feel - you're offered a rare bag and you want to buy it because you're afraid you won't get offered another one for a long time. However, it's not the color OR the hardware that you want so in essence you are "settling".

In my opinion, if you're going to spend this much money on a bag, you have to love it. It doesn't seem like it was "love at first sight" when you initially saw the bag. In fact, your gut instinct was to turn it down. I think it was the thought of the rarety of the bag that had you thinking about it again.

If money is no object, get the Colvert, see if you can learn to love it and wait for the perfect bag. But if, like many of us, money does play a factor, then I would not get this bag unless I was absolutely sure it made my heart sing. Think about it, if Kellys were easy to come by, would you even look at this bag, much less spend close to $10k for it? Only you know for sure. As this forum has taught me, Hermes is about patience so if you are willing to wait, my guess is that your perfect bag will come either through a boutique or a reseller. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

If will be your only kelly bag wait for the right color...

Last edited:
Darling i know the feeling but i have regreted going for bags that were not initially my number ones so i would initially decline but you have done that already so im thinking you seem happy with the isea and thus should consider the bag hope it helps Birkel

Hi All!

i have a colvert bag and it is my fav colour, so i am biased. but i have to say it does not match pinks at all, iho, unless you have something like a blue pink print with the greenish blue.

I do agree with the others. Trust yr first impression/reaction! U turned it down so I do think u will regret yr decision sooner or later. For me personally its too exp to settle. But don't loose hope! Yr bag will find its way to u! Good luck!

i'm a total pink girl and i'm venturing into other colors but blue is still a tricky color for me to fall in love with~
trust your gut feeling.
good luck on finding that perfect bag that will make you SCREAM YES!

I asked the SA to send it back to the store so I could look at it again... do you think she will kill me if I turn it down once again?Its sooo hard to say no to it, precisely because they are hard to come by! I guess I'm afraid I will damage my relationship with the store if I turn it down ... again!