Should I get the Garden Party?

DoubleW

Dec 17, 2012
Recently sold my LV neverfull because I think the bag is getting more and more low-status (Sorry LV-lovers!)

I need a bag that will be faithful to me, when I go shopping, going to work, going to school etc. So my question to you:

What are the prices?
Do you regret your GP?
Any good resellers? Malleries, ebay, etc...
Will it be faithful to me? :P

I'm in my 20's, will the bag look "fake" on me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently sold my LV neverfull because I think the bag is getting more and more low-status (Sorry LV-lovers!)

I need a bag that will be faithful to me, when I go shopping, going to work, going to school etc. So my question to you:

What are the prices?
Do you regret your GP?
Any good resellers? Malleries, ebay, etc...
Will it be faithful to me? :P

I'm in my 20's, will the bag look "fake" on me?

I assume that you're planning to use the GP as a shopping tote as well. They come in several sizes but the most common is the Medium which is 14". There is also a smaller size which they call the TPM and is 11.5".

Prices for TPM and MM are $3075 and $3275 as of now. There may be a price increase in February. Last year, GP has the highest increase compare to other H bags.

I've 2 GPs, one in TPM and another one in MM size. Love both sizes since I use it for different purpose. On a busy day with lots of errands, I use the MM since I could put in magazines, paperwork etc whereas the TPM is good for everyday casual wear. You can also dress it up with a twilly and the best thing of a GP as compared with other H bags is the ease of getting things in and out of the bag. There is no zipper or locks to deal with. The Clou de selle snap prevents things from falling out of your bag but is easy to snap on and off.

Ebay currently has a few that are cheaper than getting from the stores. The stores have them but may not have the color that you're looking for. Store transfer is no longer possible too.

This bag is good for all ages so you'll never outgrow or look too mature with it. Very sturdy and no worries about using it like a workhouse so you can consider it as faithful !!

i don't own one, but GP are not hard to find in the stores, so best to go try one on and pick the colours and sizes..am sure it will look fine on you as long as you love how it looks on you.

there are always some online, i don't know what country you are in but here are some..good luck!

http://uk.hermes.com/leather/bags/for-day/garden/garden-party-16171.html

http://usa.hermes.com/leather/bags-and-luggage/for-day/garden-party/garden-party-16171.html

Thanks for sharing the link to the UK website. They have an amazing selection (compare to the US site) especially of the DS totes and there's even a Gold GP! Too bad I'm not from the UK :shucks: Oh well, they were nice to look at.

I think the All-leather GP is a great bag. Very sturdy, but also classically beautiful. And although I am, ahem, older than you, I think the bag is ageless. Go on Coolspotters.com and put in Hermes Garden Party -- there are pictures of Jordana Brewster and Reese Witherspoon looking very fresh and casual with their bags.

I think it is a great bag... Easy to get in and out. Price-wise, it is one of the cheaper bag compared to victoria, toolbox, kelly or birkin. It can be used as everyday bag. The only drawback to me is that if i carry a lot of stuff in it, the bottom part of the bag doesnt retain the shape of the garden party. Overall, i will suggest you get the bag... It is roomy and beautiful with twilly on.

I adore mine. It's certainly a work bag, at least for me—perfect for carrying a laptop, books, magazines, AND purse to meetings or the like. I have the MM and it fits over my shoulder even with a coat, so it's easy to use even in winter.

I love my GP all leather TPM in noir... I dress it with twilly and i've got lots of compliment everytime i'm taking it out... It looks cute and feminime... And amazingly many stuffs can fit into it:smile:

I love my GP. I use it when i go to the mall, run some errands and when i meet friends for lunch and coffee. Unlikemy other hermes, i find my gp low maintenance. It has become one of my favorite bags. :smile: i also own a neverful and goyard st louis-- so if you like this kind of easy to handle bags then the gp is definitely for you.

I have two GPs (TPM & MM) and I use them all the time -- they are definitely my workhorse bags. I often get compliments on them. They're well-made and sturdy, yet elegant looking. I sometimes think they stand out because they don't have logos all over them. People recognize the high quality but don't recognize the brand.