Should I get red or avoid bc of color transfer?

ShirvK

Nov 3, 2019
Hello! I’ve ordered a red 2.55 and I’m worried about color transfer as I’ve never owned a bag that wasn’t black. For those of you that have red bags, how much should I be worried about this? Do I have to baby the bag? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 3AED27D4-26C1-4746-8563-FB5A0997CC57.png
    3AED27D4-26C1-4746-8563-FB5A0997CC57.png
    640.5 KB · Views: 330
What are you worried about transferring? I had a Chanel bag that was this color and wore it with lots of dark denim and black and it was fine. Nothing went onto it at all (also this is a nice deep red--beautiful!). I don't wear white or pastel colors, so if you are looking at whether it transfers to your clothes or not, I'm not sure, but I can say nothing dark that I wore went onto a bag that was this color. (Also, I re-homed the bag that was this color and now I'm having regrets about having sold it after seeing this.... ).

Reactions: ShirvK
Get it. I think so many posters get caught up on color transfer and miss out on some really beautiful pieces, plus the diversity. Color transfer is usually a major concern for me when the bag is super light like white, pale shades, beiges, etc. Other than that, enjoy the beautiful colors. Just make sure your darker clothing have been washed. Another poster suggested taking a white napkin and rubbing it against any questionable clothing and then look for dye. That has worked for me.

Reactions: ShirvK
Get it. I think so many posters get caught up on color transfer and miss out on some really beautiful pieces, plus the diversity. Color transfer is usually a major concern for me when the bag is super light like white, pale shades, beiges, etc. Other than that, enjoy the beautiful colors. Just make sure your darker clothing have been washed. Another poster suggested taking a white napkin and rubbing it against any questionable clothing and then look for dye. That has worked for me.
The napkin trick is a great idea. I just started recently wearing denim again - finally admitted I wasn’t going to lose the 15 pounds and bought new pants. :smile: Ans was surprised at how much the denim gets on everything, although I didn’t wash it first.

Glad to hear your perspective on color transfer and unique colors. I decided to go for it and get the bag (and I love it) and it’s nice to feel like I’m carrying what I want versus a bag that has to be black because of the wear and tear. Thanks for supporting the cause for colored bags :smile:

Reactions: Croker
What are you worried about transferring? I had a Chanel bag that was this color and wore it with lots of dark denim and black and it was fine. Nothing went onto it at all (also this is a nice deep red--beautiful!). I don't wear white or pastel colors, so if you are looking at whether it transfers to your clothes or not, I'm not sure, but I can say nothing dark that I wore went onto a bag that was this color. (Also, I re-homed the bag that was this color and now I'm having regrets about having sold it after seeing this.... ).
Thank you! Yes, I was worried about denim and black jeans rubbing dye on the bag (not the other way around) but it sounds like it’s not a big deal. This bag is from 19a, maybe you will find another red bag in your future. I saw a couple from 19a on fashionphile.

Thank you! Yes, I was worried about denim and black jeans rubbing dye on the bag (not the other way around) but it sounds like it’s not a big deal. This bag is from 19a, maybe you will find another red bag in your future. I saw a couple from 19a on fashionphile.
Enjoy the bag--and thanks for the tip (the more I'm looking at this bag, the more regret I'm feeling)! The color looked amazing with dark denim and black--I'm sure you will get a ton of compliments with it! Happy Thanksgiving ;)

I bet there was something about it at the time that was “meh” for you which is why you were willing to let it go and would follow your gut on that. If you still want it after a while though there are plenty around. Nobody wanted it apparently because there are so many left still of 19a haha. My flap didn’t align correctly so I re-ordered and will compare.