Should I get another Day - in Sahara?

PadmeSkywalker

Oct 8, 2008
I've been viewing this forum for a while, but this is the first time I post. Thanks to all the beautiful pics here, I finally pull the trigger on a Day in Pomegranate last month. And I've fallen in love with her since:P

I think I need another one in a lighter color for summer. I had my eyes on a Maldive Day with RH, but it's no longer available on the website:sad:

So, now I'm thinking of getting the Sahara instead. But is this color too blah and do you think it's a pretty shade? Thank you!

BTW, here is the Pome Day I got.

Attachments

Bridget S.

Apr 27, 2006
You have an *amazing* day, just beautiful! I love the Day style too, it's very functional. If you are in the US, then there are stores that have the Maldives RH that can ship to you if that is the colour that you love! Be aware though that it may fade. The Sahara should be fine if you protect with with Apple Garde to prevent any stains/ discolourations! Welcome to your new Balenciaga addiction : )

LizCordova

O.G.
Dec 4, 2006
Sahara is lovely and will look lovely in a Day as well. I think that you should check out Sahara, Olive Green and Canard for the day bag. The day is my favorite style. I own a Pourpre Classic Day and just got a Papeetee Day w/RH which I love. I am getting either an Olive Classic Day, Olive Work or Olive Part Time as well as a Canard Velo as my last two Bals for the season. I don't think you can go wrong with any color in the day but I do love the more neutral colors like Sahara, Olive and Canard myself.
Good luck deciding.

Sep 23, 2005
Australia
IMO, since the Day is a sloppier style than the City etc it needs to be in a sharp or overtly pretty color, and maybe Sahara though it's a nice shade is too 'blah' for such an indistinct shape.

I am totally biased since I have a Maldive Day with RH, and love that style/color combo. I bought it from Bal London and at that time they had 2 of them, but that was a few months ago. Check Barneys, at one stage they had a lot of Maldives...

SomethingWitty

b happy
Jul 29, 2009
I actually think Sahara looks really pretty & feminie in the Day style. Found these pics by reira08 to tempt you! :smile:
(Oh and would you mind sharing mod shots of your Pomegranate RH Day? ;) I assume that's Pourpre, love that color also!)

My 2010 sahara day :smile: