Should I get another black bal?

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Happy new year ladies! I am in a bit of a dilemma and desperately need your help. I have the following black Bals already- classic city, classic first, classic work, GSH part time. Recently, I have been eyeing the giant work RGGH as well. Should I go for this (or would it be too close to RGGH anthra city which I also have)? What makes this even more complicated is that, I have also been eyeing the large black PS1, and I can only have one!!! Thanks in advance.

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
Too far from palm trees
Wow, that is ALOT of black bags, especially considering Bal makes so many beautiful colors. If you want the RGGH Work, I would suggest giving up one of the current blacks.

justpeachy4397

Melissa
O.G.
Mar 21, 2010
TX
A88ey_ann said:
Happy new year ladies! I am in a bit of a dilemma and desperately need your help. I have the following black Bals already- classic city, classic first, classic work, GSH part time. Recently, I have been eyeing the giant work RGGH as well. Should I go for this (or would it be too close to RGGH anthra city which I also have)? What makes this even more complicated is that, I have also been eyeing the large black PS1, and I can only have one!!! Thanks in advance.
I would get the (a) ps1 or (b) black rggh work, but get rid of the anthra rggh work.

I am similar to you and love black bags. After years of buying different colored bbags, and eventually selling them ALL, I also now stick with multiple black and anthra bags. But I don't think you need 3 similarly-colored work bags :smile:

gazoo

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
US
I'm a chronic buyer of black and anthracite, so I will say YES you must get another one. ♡ Not helpful at all I guess. :smile:
I love the black work and it's so different to the anthra (for me) that I wouldn't mind having each.

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
well you haven't got another black bal with the RGGH have you - so it would be silly not to get it! :lol:
that is a lot of black Bals but they are all different and serve different purposes (well, sort of!) so that's fine....

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Thanks justpeachy. I just love black bags. I really love the black PS1, but the black RGGH work is also tempting (with the 10% off at harrods). Oh I don't know what to do. Also, my Bal collection (in double digits- quite ashamed to admit it) remains intact and I am unsure I can forego any one of them. So it will have to be either black PS1 or Black RGGH work.:confused1:

I would get the (a) ps1 or (b) black rggh work, but get rid of the anthra rggh work.

I am similar to you and love black bags. After years of buying different colored bbags, and eventually selling them ALL, I also now stick with multiple black and anthra bags. But I don't think you need 3 similarly-colored work bags :smile:

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Thanks gazoo. I am tempted.:nogood:
I'm a chronic buyer of black and anthracite, so I will say YES you must get another one. ♡ Not helpful at all I guess. :smile:
I love the black work and it's so different to the anthra (for me) that I wouldn't mind having each.

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Thanks mere. That was my point actually (which I was still trying to justify)! By the way, you might still be able to catch up with the 10% off weekend at H (ends tomorrow).

well you haven't got another black bal with the RGGH have you - so it would be silly not to get it! :lol:
that is a lot of black Bals but they are all different and serve different purposes (well, sort of!) so that's fine....

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Hi mere- 21 to be exact and can't justify a 22nd. And no, I don't have family pics as I haven't got a clue how to upload the photos, and DH (who could do it for me) doesn't know I have that many.:sweatdrop:

^^ I'm pretty sure I read somewhere you have over 20 Bals?!? Have you got a family pic?

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
United Kingdom
Hi mere- 21 to be exact and can't justify a 22nd. And no, I don't have family pics as I haven't got a clue how to upload the photos, and DH (who could do it for me) doesn't know I have that many.:sweatdrop:
ha ha!!
I'd forgotten about the Harrods 10%.....my anthra RGGH City is on its way to me from bal.co.uk....and I don't have patience to wait any longer for one!
Maybe they have a nice little accessory though?? Do they accept phone orders? :graucho:

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Hi mere. Yes, they take phone orders and do mail orders too (even quicker than bal uk). You're only a phone call away! :P

ha ha!!
I'd forgotten about the Harrods 10%.....my anthra RGGH City is on its way to me from bal.co.uk....and I don't have patience to wait any longer for one!
Maybe they have a nice little accessory though?? Do they accept phone orders? :graucho:

cbarrus

Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
Well, I have 5 black Bals at the moment, and I would never say "no" to another, lol. I just purchased a black RGGH Day, and, I must say, it is a stunning combination to me :smile: I don't have a PS1 because I am personally not a fan of flap bags; however, it does have a shoulder strap and the Work, of course, does not. So, I suppose you need to decide which one you would get the most wear from, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to get the RGGH since it will no longer be made in the same giant hardware (hardware is now smaller).

A88ey_ann

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
London, UK
Thanks cbarrus. I would definitely bear this in mind :cool:. Mind you, it is the discontinuation of the GH making me stray!!!

Well, I have 5 black Bals at the moment, and I would never say "no" to another, lol. I just purchased a black RGGH Day, and, I must say, it is a stunning combination to me :smile: I don't have a PS1 because I am personally not a fan of flap bags; however, it does have a shoulder strap and the Work, of course, does not. So, I suppose you need to decide which one you would get the most wear from, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to get the RGGH since it will no longer be made in the same giant hardware (hardware is now smaller).