Should I get a White Work or White City??

Luvhandbags!

Bal bag aholic
Jul 7, 2007
I need your advice ladies.....should I get a White Work or White City....both have Giant Covered Hardware and Perforated Leather and I love them both. Just a little afraid of white....yellowing, soil, etc. Will appreciate all comments!!! :yes: I don't own a work and feel it is a little too large for me.

I vote for the City. I also think works are too big. I recently bought one in sky blue but ended up returning it since I felt it was too big for me.

I love the size of the Work, but for a white bag, I'd vote for the City. Same reason Donna gives. The City will allow you to use the shoulder strap, at least part of the time, and that might make a difference in handle grime. :idea:

I would get the City! I like the Work, but I sometimes find it too big, and I think it looks especially big in white. I have a White City, and it's really not that hard to keep clean.

I've only just started to like my work - but it was already broken in for me. I was surprised that it was actually SMALLER in person that I had imagined. I think a white work would look AMAZING and I'm not a huge fan of how the City looks when carried on the shoulder...

Good Morning and thanks everyone for your great comments and suggestions!! I am glad to hear that white is not that hard to take care of, and the reminder that the shoulder strap helps in not soiling the handles so much. I think the handles worry me more than anything when it comes to soiling and showing dirt.

If I do get it, I will probably spray the handles with something before I use it.

Only because the soiling of the handles were mentioned I'm going to ask this but doesn't anyone carry their bags in the crook of their arm instead of actually holding the handle? I find that solves grime on the handle and it's easier to carry when the bag is heavy IMO.

^^^YES! That is how I carry my vert d'eau city. either in the crook of my arm or with the shoulder strap. I never hand carry her, that's how I've kept her handles looking like new for almost a year now and not treating her with any products!

As for the white bag, I think the city size is better for white, but I don't like the look of the GH on the city with it's proportions. What if you just got RCH on it, like Lauren Conrad's?

Demi, yes, I do carry it in the crook of my arm quite a bit, but when I don't have on any long sleeves, it still gets oil, lotion, whatever from my arms. Great though if I wear a longish sleeve.

Purple, I agree that the giant hardware is large on a city, but the giant covered with the perf. leather is so lowkey compared to the Giant silver or gold hardware. It just sort of "blends in" to me and doesn't stand out like the giant gold or silver hardware. Of course everyone has a different opinion about the giant hardware.

I personally prefer the work since I'm really tall, but since you find it too big, you should probably get the city, it's the size you like and there's less surface area for color transfer, imo. (with my work, I find that I tend to scratch the sides on door frames and whatnot when I use it cuz it's really wide)