Should I get a wallet?

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
I think I already know the answer is no but I want to ask anyway ...

My SA has been pushing me to get a wallet. She said I need a Hermes bearn wallet. The conversation always goes something like this:

SA: You really need a Bearn wallet! You can't use this one (meaning the one I currently have)
Me: Well I can't buy a Bearn wallet without a matching Birkin first.

Yup, it always goes like that. Here's the thing though, I don't know if I'll get a Bearn wallet if I do have a Birkin. Bearn wallets are expensive, and being the matchy person that I am, I know I'm going to want to aim for an exotic Bearn, and that is going to cost over 2000 dollars. While I can justify over 10K for a bag, I cannot justify that much for a wallet. I'm very careful with my bags, but I'm rough on my wallets. I go through several wallets A YEAR!

So, do you think it's a good idea for someone like me to invest in H wallets? Or is it more practical if I just stick with the non-brandname cheapo ones that I always use?

no to the wallet.

It should read:

SA: You really need a Bearn Wallet.
KOU: You really need to find me the bag I want, otherwise I may just crack one day and come in here and bludgeon you to death with my cheap wallet.

no to the wallet.

It should read:

KOU: You really need to find me the bag I want, otherwise I may just crack one day and come in here and bludgeon you to death with my cheap wallet.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:
I love wallets, but I'm so rough with my wallets, I can't buy an expensive one either. I'm using these lovely spies and Chanel bags, and I'm using a cheap, "Charmy Kitty" wallet. Can you believe it? When I fished it out from my bag to pay for my Hermes scarf last week, I thought, oh no! All eyes on me!

no to the wallet.

It should read:

OMG........LMFAO!!!!!!:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

.....omg...............my face hurts...........

Can't help thinking you should stick with the all-purpose wallet if you're really that hard on them. Besides - you won't care when you're totin' that fabulous Birkin!

Or will you???????;)

I like having some exotic bearn wallet. They are so pretty. I know they are pricy...Croc. bearn wallet is like $3500 before tax. But they are like a jewerly! Just SOOO pretty!:heart:

Kou.. I think you should get a bearn as well.. You can justify since u'll be using it everyday with every single handbag whether its hermes or not!! I have fuschia ostrich bearn and i love it! I use it with my jpg blue roi, rouge h birkin and my chanels, LVs and all other brands! Its the best style of wallets very roomy and practical. :yes:

Kou, do you really want that wallet? If the answer to that is no, then don't get one because you'll only end up upset if you damage it badly. Otherwise, get one in a resilient leather that you won't be damaging as easily...

On the other hand, think about it, if the wallet is better quality, then perhaps they won't damage so easily?

There are some other styles that may take rough use a bit better than the bearn...have you considered that? And if you can handle a cheap, not-matching wallet, why not handle a less expensive but Hermes non-exotic wallet? Save a little money anyway...or buy from a reseller...

I am not wild about the bearn, but I have a Hermes "top 24" that I really love. Its is a similar style, but with no hardware and smaller than a bearn. A wallet is very individual, if the bearn doesnt speak to you, I would follow your instinct and pass.

no to the wallet.

It should read:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Thanks for the morning chuckle! (I really needed that after having to deal with my teenage drama queen!).

I totally agree, Kou.

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Thanks for the morning chuckle! (I really needed that after having to deal with my teenage drama queen!).

I totally agree, Kou.

Hear hear. And you should line that cheap wallet with some lead before you bludgeon her, Kou.

And is this the same ghastly (cr*ppy) SA that's been always shortchanging you in terms of giving you your dream bag(s)?