Should I get a size up or down?

chokichoki

Sep 8, 2006
Hello!
I'm in love with a pair of opening ceremony boots, the problem is they're sold out of my size and only have the next size up and down. Which one should I get? I've heard of some cobblers being able to stretch out shoes. Or should I just get the next size up and pad the heck out of it ?????

With boots I don't mind going up half a size. Especially if you would like to wear them in Winter with thick socks. Now if they're open toe, sometimes I consider taking 1/2 size down. Depends on the boots. Got a pic?

I've sized up a full size in boots with no problems really, especially once I have socks on (which I like to wear with boots anyway.) I would resist the urge to size down... squashed toes aren't great. I suppose it depends what the fitting is like really.

I'll go with the upsize. With shoes, I find larger much better than smaller. With socks and all, it'll fit alot better. But if you size down, I can't imagine having to work through the initial pain of the shoe before it stretches out nicely.

If you decide to size down though, as another tpf-er has added, cobblers can expand your shoes. I bought a shoe expander myself though so i can DIY at home.