Should I get a Pandora as my first Givenchy?

mary79

O.G.
Jun 17, 2011
Please be gentle, as I'm usually in the Mulberry forum... but Mulberry has recently raised their prices so much that I am now looking at brands I thought I would never be able to own, like Givenchy! :smile:

Do you think a medium Pandora would be a good first Givenchy bag?

My style is mainly casual (even at work): I wear a lot of jeans.

The bags I most use are a blue PS1 (love all the compartments! and love that it's not too heavy). I also liked my Mulberry Alexa until it began to self-destruct in under 2 years (bad quality leather - perhaps I was unlucky). I have other bags I like but tend to find them too heavy for everyday (e.g. a Bayswater).

I'm looking for a lightweight everyday bag with durable leather.

Would you recommend the medium Panda? A purple one has caught my eye, in the smooth leather.

Based on your style and the bags you mentioned, a Pandora seems an ideal first Gbag for you. The Aubergine from the current collection is a stunning neutral b/c it is a super dark purple (like deep eggplant). So it won't scream purple, it will be a beautiful neutral color with your jeans and many other items.

The leather is so smooshy soft. I have a mini Panda and have felt many other Pandas. Love the smooshy softness.

Sounds like a medium aubergine panda would suit your needs.

What is your hesitation OP?

Givenchy leather is very nice and durAble. It also ages well IMO.

If you aren't uncomfortable with shape, color and price, you better get your bag and show her off to us givenchy lovers :biggrin:

Thank you so much, everyone! You utterly convinced me to get the Panda in goatskin purple (aubergine?), so today I went back to the shop and...

she was GONE :nogood:

I guess it wasn't meant to be this time, but I will certainly pull the trigger on the next good deal I come across. There are several colours I like, so hopefully I will be able to show off my first Givenchy soon.

Thank you so much again for all your invaluable help!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! But there will be other Panda beauties there waiting for you. Definitely get a Panda! It'll fit right in with the way you described your style.

Thank you! Everyone here helped to convince me to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a Panda as my next bag :smile:

Do Pandas ever go on sale after Xmas, e.g. in the big department stores? I like several colours, so could go for a seasonal model if I saw a nice one. I'm in the UK, but can always order online.

Thank you! Everyone here helped to convince me to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a Panda as my next bag :smile:

Do Pandas ever go on sale after Xmas, e.g. in the big department stores? I like several colours, so could go for a seasonal model if I saw a nice one. I'm in the UK, but can always order online.

TBH I have never seen it on sale in UK, at least not the usual pepe leather type. There were some croc stamped suede back then in Selfridges during boxing day. Pretty expensive too. I bought mine from Italy during sale