Should I get a Goyard?

1. Hi girls, :heart:

I was thinking about getting a Goyard bag. What do you think? I LOVE the plum color, and was thinking of getting the St. Louis. Goyard lovers, tell me when you love Goyard and why is practical. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that it doesn't close at the top and I take the subway everyday. How is it in winter weather? Thanks!!!

2. I absolutly love my goyard st. louis gm and it is a great deal compared to LV totes (plus you get the ligtle pouch for a wallet or make up). I really like it b/c like LV canvasm it keeps clean but it comes in lots of fun colours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    890$ Via Barneys.com for a st. louis gm (785$ for the pm) both of which come in several colours​

[​IMG]

or 990$ via eluxury.com for a cabas piano​

3. About it in the winter, the material it very water/ snow resistant. As for it being open on the subway... just keep it close to you I guess. I don't ever really thing about that. When I go to NYC i carry a very close fitting bag like my gucci waist bag or pochette bosphore. *Maybe you coul get a zipper or closure installed!?!

4. There are alot of Goyard fans, but not for me. JMHO

5. lemmons,

Kou Kanamiya, a trusted TPF member, is offering for sale on eBay a Goyard, although a different type. There is a zipper on her bag. Here is the link.

eBay: Authentic NWT GOYARD White St. Martin Purse RT $1810+ (item 150037583063 end time Oct-22-06 11:06:18 PDT)

I have been thinking about her bag, but I haven't had a chance to see a bag IRL and I am not quite sure whether the structured shape is really my cup tea. My taste generally lean towards more informal and casual bags.

Off the topic, in Japan, the last time I went to a Goyard boutique, except for the small accessories, all of the bags were on back order!!!

Good luck!

They are definitely hot bags here.

6. Yes, definitely get a Goyard!!
    If you feel uneasy about not having a zipper on the St. Louis try the Fidji Hobo.
    IMO the Fidji is way more appealing.:flowers:

7. Same here.:yes:

If the bags cost less, maybe, but for that amount, I can get some fabulous bag from other lines.

8. definitely get a goyard esp. before the price hike!

9. Goyard bags are wonderful! I would definitely get one. I'm saving to get one right now. :yes:

10. Quick questions for you ladies ...

- Which color do you guys think is the most popular color?
    - Let's say you are looking to buy a Goyard bag, would the bag appeal more to you if it already come with stripes?
    - Last but not least, what combo of stripes do you prefer?

11. I always thought Goyard was more expensive than LV but I've only compared the prices for their small accessories.

12. HI KUO! here's my two cents :

~ most popular color for me is dark blue
    ~ yes, bags with stripes are more appealling and personalized
    ~ it really depends on what color bag you have. i want it bright and fun! :shame:

13. If you are looking to buy a Goyard from secondary market, would you still prefer a bag that already has stripes on it or one that is blank?

One of the guys at Goyard suggested fuchsia with chocolate stripes on white bags.

14. lemmons, definitely get a Goyard! you won't be disappointed

15. Thanks for all of your help. I didn't really focus on the stripe thing...can you order bags with stripes on them? I actually just got a Goyard bag at Bergdorfs today (yes Bergies has them now!!) in a beautiful plum color, in the St. Louis PM. It is really pretty and was the last one there. I tried on the hobo bag and wasn't a fan. It looked kind of Coach-ish to me and I'm not a huge lover of Coach (esp. for the Goyard price). Regarding LV and Goyard, I think that LV is more expensive b/c of the hardware. I love LV, they are really well made and hold up forever, and come with zippers and grommets, etc. I'll post a pic of my Goyard baby soon! XO

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice