Should I get a Chanel Cerf Tote or Grand Shopping Tote?

Jul 14, 2010
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between the Grand Shopping Tote and the Cerf Tote.
Just to give you an idea of what I like, I already have the jumbo classic flap and the ultimate soft bag.
Which is better?

this is a tough call since they r both Chanel classic totes ~ Cerf is more understated if u want to be more quiet about carrying a Chanel...GST was my first choice but eventually got Cerf as well...love them both!

Yeah, I too have both and while I like my GST, I love and adore my cerf. It is a classic and so chic and understated. I feel great carrying it to work as well as around town with jeans and a t-shirt. Cerf would be my choice if you can only have one. If able though, get both. You won't regret it. Good Luck!

You must get the cerf! It is so sexy and discreet (as many other TPFers noted)! You can turn it around if you don't want to be judged or asked "how much did you pay for it" or "where do you get all your money from?" - from those annoying coworkers and nosy family members! If you are going shopping, it holds water, a small umbrella, your ipad, makeup, a book and little pouches for your other little knick knacks! :smile: the cc's are the same size as on the flap and easily concealed - unlike a GST (although its not an actual clasp / metal, it has an obnoxious giant IMO logo)

I vote for the Cerf. Personally, while I love the look of the GST on others, I find it too boxy and it does not stay on my shoulder. But, there are more color options for the GST, and you can choose patent as well, so if those options are important to you, go with the GST. I think Cerf is only available in black, beige, and possibly white. Good luck!

Jennifer

I had the GST, but when I saw someone with the Cerf tote, I sold the GST and bought the Cerf. It's so versatile and understated. Perfect travel bag, too. I wish I could've kept both the GST and Cerf, but of the two, I much prefer the Cerf.