Should I file a non-paying bidder?

echo_23

O.G.
Oct 2, 2006
I sold a purse with a best offer a few days ago. The buyer seemed legit and made a reasonable offer. I tried contacting them just to let them know I could expedite shipping if needed and to let me know when they'd be paying so I could have it all ready to go. I didn't hear back from them, so I checked their bidding history just to have some reassurance that they weren't on a bidding spree. Well it turns out that they bought the same bag on a best offer from another seller the same day for the same price...only that one was a fake! I wrote them to let them know and still didn't hear anything back.

Well, tonight was the 3-day deadline for payment as stated in the auction. I wrote them to please tell me NOW if they were planning on paying or not bc someone else was interested in buying the bag and needed it shipped tomorrow (which is true). They finally replied that they were sorry but would not be purchasing the bag..."good luck" they added! I appreciate their honesty and am glad the bag will be going to a much more deserving home but am aggravated at the nerve of this buyer. I want others to know not to accept a best offer from them, but don't want to receive retaliatory neg. feedback. I don't want them thinking I deserve neg feedback because I sold it to someone else (even though that was after they told me they weren't paying). I also don't know if I should file a non-paying bidder because I'd like my listing fees back, but don't really want to complain about them not buying since the purse will be on its way to someone else. I wonder if they paid for the fake bag...that would be stupid.

Any thoughts??

Technically you can't file until 7 days. So, you can say whatever you want in your auction, but they have the full 7 days to pay. I also would follow the rules and open a claim. That way you are covered. Once you file and get your fees back, then go ahead and sell it to the next person in line. I would definitely leave a neg, but that's just me. I know it sucks to ruin a perfect score, but people who see your feedback know it was undeserved.

I'll also email the buyer and let them know that you'll be filing a NPB so that you can get your fees back. Prepare the buyer before you file, so that she doesn't get a nasty shock and less risk of you getting an undeserved neg from the buyer

If a buyer has confirmed not buying, I would file NPB without a second thought. At least I can get my eBay commission back.... eBay will punish users with too many NPB filed against him/her.

You can set up your account for immediate payment on Bin's. As a seller I ALWAYS file a NPB, they will get a strike for not completing the transaction and if they get 3 of them they will be suspended from ebay. If he leaves you a neg, just respond calmly and with the facts....other buyers will overlook his negative, and see he is just a disgruntled NPB.

You can file the NPB on the 8th day, then you must wait 7 days for him/her to respond. If they don't respond close it on the last day and they can leave you a neg. but ebay will remove the dougnut and leave the comment....it won't count against you.

Good luck

I am having the same issue. I have my first NPB. I said on my auction I would relist if payment wasn't received after three days but I guess I have to wait until 7 have passed. I guess I will get my first negative. :sad: