Should I feel safe and confident??

I really couldn't wait any longer to get a Birkin so I bought a new one from a seller listed in the "Reputable Hermes Sellers on ebay" list (she sells on Ebay and also has a website). It arrived today and I prompty took it to my NY Madison boutique this afternoon.

Since Claude was on vacation, I met with Pierre and asked if I should have the bag cleaned. Pierre took a look at it (maybe 2-3 minutes) and said that it looked fine and that I wouldn't need a cleaning for a while. He told me to be careful with the handles if my hands sweat a lot and to come in if I started seeing wear on the bottom corners.

Does this mean that I should feel safe and confident that I purchased an authentic Birkin?:confused1::confused1: Pierre only looked at the outside of the bag (handles, front, back and bottom) and not the inside. He also didn't look very long (again, only 2-3 minutes). Please help!

welcome and yes, if pierre looked and did not throw the bag at the wall or laugh at it you can be sure it is authentic. they would look at you funny and then break the bad news to you if it was fake.

that is why the sellers list is so great, it is made from these very wise members' experiences so congratulations! will we see you in the action thread soon?

Celine at Bond Street can spot the fake hermes bags through the boutique window and 100 yards down the street

So its Authentic! What leather is it? if its ostrich you can always wrap a pochette around the handle

First of all, congratulations!!! How exciting! And as all the wonderful previous posters have states, you need not worry - it's authentic!

Now, can we have the juicy details?????:graucho:

Well, if you are shy about posing with her, you can put her on a chair, we will be just as happy! I am glad you are feeling better about your purchase! Conratulations again!

First of all, congratulations on your first and authentic birkin. I hope it's the first of many! :tup:

Second, I am glad that I read this thread because I was going to go tomorrow to see if my bag needed spa treatment. Now, I wont. When will Claude be back?