Should I feel guilty firing our babysitter? Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be point blank with her. Be nice but tell her what she did wrong and make a point to tell her that you are worried about your child's safety. I work in a daycare center and she must have been absent on that day of training, because we know stuff like that. I am not sure what daycare you little boy goes too, but I am sure if you got to talking about some other workers there, you will find that this girl is the talk of the center. And I urge to to be cautious the next time because I have seen some pretty stupid daycare workers come and go, and I just am thankful there are other people around so the kids don't get hurt!

You also may want to make sure that you don't have to notify your center that their employees are babysitting. I know at my old center they wanted you to sign a paper saying that you would not hold them responsible for anything that happened when your child was being watched by someone who was off the clock and not at the center.

You nailed it on the nose. I don't know why she still hasn't mentally registered the dangers of giving whole cherries to 18mo olds! When I approached sitter #1 (the good one) about her, I DID find out that yes, she is the talk of the day care. That she's lazy, shows up late, doesn't pull her weight, etc.

My son's previous daycare did require the waiver of responsibility to be signed, but this one does not...
The previous daycare had some pretty shady people, once I was going to have his teacher help babysit. She called me right before telling me that she couldn't do it, but that it would be something like her sister's cousin's teenage kid who is totally responsible who would be coming...:wtf: Uh, NO!!!!

But this sitter has been at the daycare for over a year, and full-time for the most part. I just need to be WAY more careful in the future. We really dodged a bullet on this one.

You should be point blank with her. Be nice but tell her what she did wrong and make a point to tell her that you are worried about your child's safety. I work in a daycare center and she must have been absent on that day of training, because we know stuff like that. I am not sure what daycare you little boy goes too, but I am sure if you got to talking about some other workers there, you will find that this girl is the talk of the center. And I urge to to be cautious the next time because I have seen some pretty stupid daycare workers come and go, and I just am thankful there are other people around so the kids don't get hurt!

You also may want to make sure that you don't have to notify your center that their employees are babysitting. I know at my old center they wanted you to sign a paper saying that you would not hold them responsible for anything that happened when your child was being watched by someone who was off the clock and not at the center.

I wonder why no one ever said anything to you about this girlie before?? They let you hire her when they knew how she is but said nothing??

Good for you that you've let her go even though you didn't like having to do it. Your little boy is much more important than she is. Let her think what she wants to about why, just be glad it's over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.