Should I feel guilty about this bag?

Socialitebabe05

72 days & counting!
Feb 5, 2009
Hello Ladies,

I'm a 23 yr old student who pays her own college tuitition, car insurance, bills, etc and works full time in an ER. I have expensive taste (its true) for shoes and purses. Lately with my tax return due back this week and money hidden in a savings account, I've been eying a new bag for my collection...particulary Gucci. Now I own resonable purses such as Coach, Kate Spade, Juicy Couture, etc. The only prize in that collection is my Fendi Spy Bag. But the Gucci I've been watching is $998. Would you feel that I am being shallow in this purchase? I have a bf who is frugal but every now and then will splurge on a new game system or game. I just feel bad but I justify my purse collection and shoe collection as something maybe I could pass down to a daughter or niece one day....What do you guys think?

Oh and the Gucci I'm longing for is the medium horsebit hobo..:nuts:

If you can afford it without going into debt, I don't see why you should feel guilty about it! It sounds like you work hard and its good to reward yourself sometimes. Go for it! :tup:

can you comfortable afford this beautiful bag? will you have enough for emergencies? if yes.. i do not see why not! i oogled gucci for years and finally did it. sadly this will be my only gucci for a long long time.. or until i break it and can not repair it =)

It seems that you have your finances in order and are working hard.. i say you should spoil yourself.. your bf doesn't really have to know how much the bag is.. and quite honestly you're paying for it so he doesn't really have a say lol.

That's a great bag, I have the large one! It is very durable and will last a long time even if you wear it a lot. I would go for it if you can afford it and not put yourself in a bad situation financially.

Your thoughtful post suggests that you are of sound mind lol!!! It is good that you ask yourself these things when trying to justify large purchases..It sounds to me like your priorities are straight and you have a good work ethic..Bills first I always say..If you can afford it and aren't heading for 'the deep end' than it is good to reward yourself from time to time..I have the bag you want and LOVE it..I bought her 2 years ago and I have it in chocolate guccissima leather..and it is the only Gucci I still own outside of the little Abbey bag which I plan to sell..I have the matching wallet & cosmetic case and am going to get the agenda as well..this little family is one of my treasures..I just love the bag..it is classy and I LOVE how I feel when I wear it..I can't see myself ever selling her as I Love it that much!! So I for one am totally enabling you to buy..look at it as a symbol of how hard you work and a reward for having a good head on your shoulders!!! Keep us posted..

By all means, if it isn't going to put you into financial stress, there is nothing wrong with a little splurge. I always make a goal or something for myself to achieve, and then reward myself with a new purse.

i agree that you should take the plunge and indulge a little with this gift to yourself. the gucci bag is classic and you'll get a lot of use out of it for a long time. you work hard and deserve it. and after your fendi bag you didn't go overboard and buy evey fendi in sight, so it shows self control. :smile:

ITA with the rest of the ladies here. If you have good financial standings atm then go for it! It's like going out for dinner (an expensive one, though) at the end of a looooooooong week.

you sound like you've asked yourself all the right questions regarding the purchase:yes:...as long as you know you won't end up in the red:wtf:, go for it:tup:.

gucci is a very good choice;); it'll be a great purchase:yahoo:.

your money...no need to justify to anyone. everyone indulges themselves once in a while. yours (and many others here in the tpf:smile:) is just beautiful, and sometimes expensive, bags:heart:.

You have really asked this question to the wrong set of people. We are all enablers here and will not say no to you unless you are going into debt or something of equal measure. You should really figure out this answer yourself. I have learned from firsthand experience that just because a group of people say yes to something, doesn't mean its the right choice for you personally. Sometimes listening to all of these voices say yes makes you think you want something more than you actually do.