Should I exchange my speedy?

Olya6070

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
The handles of my Damier Ebene Speedy I got today makes this annoying squeaking noise. Does anyone else experiencing this problem? Should I exchange it? I have the Trevi PM which is also Damier Ebene and it doesn't make any noise. What do you think? :confused1:

I just looked at it again thinking that maybe I am over reacting, but no, I don't think I would want to carry this bag like that. I also compared it with my Trevi and the Trevi is absolutely perfect, no noise at all. I am hoping that they will have a damier speedy in stock tomorrow. :sweatdrop:
Why didn't I notice this noise when I was buying it. :noggin:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they said it is just because the leather is tight on the handle hardware and the noise will stop. I think it is certainly worth investigating.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they said it is just because the leather is tight on the handle hardware and the noise will stop. I think it is certainly worth investigating.

You know, honestly that is exactly what I think. I keep looking at the handles and yes, the leather is much tighter than on my Trevi. But my Trevi is also brand new... Do you think that the noise will go away?

You know, honestly that is exactly what I think. I keep looking at the handles and yes, the leather is much tighter than on my Trevi. But my Trevi is also brand new... Do you think that the noise will go away?

I would think that it would. Once the bag has some weight in it, the leather will stretch a bit and relax. It should be good after it settles. :smile:

You should definitely exchange it! I've seen many flaws lately and I believe they are rushing to produce due to this shortage! I've purchased THREE galliera gms and had to return all three within two weeks period. The first was uneven, the second loose threading, and the third caused black marks within less than two days!

You should definitely exchange it! I've seen many flaws lately and I believe they are rushing to produce due to this shortage! I've purchased THREE galliera gms and had to return all three within two weeks period. The first was uneven, the second loose threading, and the third caused black marks within less than two days!

I also had quality problems with my damier nf mm! The sides were not lined up evenly and there were a red thread hanging from the top. Took it to my LV store and they exchanged it, no problem.

My speedy squeaked when I first got it. Is it the part where the handles and the rings connect? I can't guarantee it but I think it will eventually stop once the handles soften. At least mine did. But if it really bothers you then i'd suggest taking it back sooner than later.

My speedy squeaked when I first got it. Is it the part where the handles and the rings connect? I can't guarantee it but I think it will eventually stop once the handles soften. At least mine did. But if it really bothers you then i'd suggest taking it back sooner than later.

Yes, that is exactly where they squeak. I would hate to go and exchange it if eventually the squeaking will stop. Otherwise the speedy is perfect.