Should I exchange my classic jumbo for two mini flaps?

luxurista

O.G.
Jan 20, 2008
I just ordered my first Chanel which is a jumbo classic flap in caviar with GHW. But now I'm having second thoughts because I have been waiting for a black mini with GHW (or even silver) to come out... And low and behold, I find out it did AFTER I had already ordered my jumbo. And since I ordered through Hirshleifers, I can only get a store credit - which is completely fine because I am getting a bag no matter what. I also saw the red mini with ruth hardware and it is GORGEOUS! I know the jumbo is more practical, but the mini flaps are just so adorable!!! And the color combos change every season obviously, so once it's gone it's gone. I don't know what to do ladies - I would love to hear your input! Should I just keep the jumbo or cancel and get two mini flaps?!

Depends on your use, and if you'll have room for more Chanels on the way. :smile:

I personally bought a jumbo for my first chanel because it was my ideal size and THE bag to get if I could only have one.

I'd pick one mini and keep the credit for the jumbo or M/L down the road

It depend on your lifestyle. If you are big purse person, stay with Jumbo Flap. If you don't carry much during the day, of course, go for the mini (s). I personally prefer Jumbo Flap for everyday use and mini for weekend when I only carry my wallet, phone and key with me.

Can you get both? My biggest bag is the 226 reissue and I still feel like it's too small on days i need to carry a lot. While the mini/woc are so cute they don't fit much. I always ended up having to bring a larger tote.

Thanks so much girls! I think I'm going to stick with the Jumbo and just get a mini down the road. Plus, for me, it was either now or never for the jumbo. My hubby knows how much I have wanted a classic flap, so he finally gave the OK to get it... and I still feel like I'm dreaming! LOL... and just earlier I gave him those "doll eyes" that usually works when I want something and I started to say "So there's another bag..." And before I could finish he already knew exactly what I was asking for and he said "Nope!"... It was worth a try though! :giggles:

But I feel so lucky to be getting my jumbo! And thanks to all of you lovely members in the Chanel forum who are so informative, I never would have thought to purchase through Hirshleifers.

So I guess I'll be passing on these two little beauties for now :girlsigh:

Can you get both? My biggest bag is the 226 reissue and I still feel like it's too small on days i need to carry a lot. While the mini/woc are so cute they don't fit much. I always ended up having to bring a larger tote.

Hi Monogram! I'm supposed to only be getting the jumbo I ordered because this is the most I've ever spent on a bag, admittedly. I'm new to Chanel and bouncing over from the LV forum. So yeah... This is definitely the grandest purchase I've made and my budgets was specifically for the jumbo, so I could either get that or get two mini flaps... Or as another member suggested, I could get one mini and save the remaining balance for a jumbo. I wish I really wish I could just the mini too!

Hi Monogram! I'm supposed to only be getting the jumbo I ordered because this is the most I've ever spent on a bag, admittedly. I'm new to Chanel and bouncing over from the LV forum. So yeah... This is definitely the grandest purchase I've made and my budgets was specifically for the jumbo, so I could either get that or get two mini flaps... Or as another member suggested, I could get one mini and save the remaining balance for a jumbo. I wish I really wish I could just the mini too!

It really depends on how much you carry and your purpose for it. The jumbo is nice as a day bag but it may be too big for a dinner bag. I dont own this size so don't quote me on it :smile:. You can always save and look for a pre-owned mini/woc later. Give DH some times to absorb this purchase and hopefully he'll be supportive of another future purchase soon :smile:. For me, it is very difficult to justify spending so much money on a bag too :smile:

Mini's are cute and casual. Nice to have one in your collection for that look. But I would never exchange a jumbo for it.

But.... it is your lifestyle. go with what you will use.