Should I even buy at FP anymore?

BuckeyeBabe

Jul 7, 2010
Is anyone else kinda PO'd that their bag they bought FP or even with PCE is at the outlets already? First it was my "limited edition" croc Audrey and "limited edition" Sequin Audrey now XL Hampton for less than half price!!???!! WTH! And there are MANY more of my bags available now or in the past month for ALOT less than I paid. I do like getting new Coach items right away but now Im not sure its worth it to get something and then in a month find it at the outlet ( or Macys for thatt matter...I paid Fp for a croc Alexandra for my sis and just bought one at Macys for about $135). Thoughts???

While I love getting a deal and I have gotten some great deals at the outlet recently I do think it's a bit frustrating. I only buy from FP if I have PCE. We just had a thread about this recently. One thing I like about buying FP is that the bags haven't been thrown around and handled a ton like they get at the outlet.

if you see a bag you feel you just really need and can get it at FP, then i'd get it.

i love 'the hunt' for a great bag at a great price at the outlet, just to see what i can find. but if i really really wanted a certain bag, i don't think i'd enjoy the hunt as much because i'm sure i'd never find it.

Honestly, I haven't bought a FP bag in a while because I keep finding them at the outlet just weeks (or days in some cases) later. Even with PCE it isn't worth it unless I found a bag I thought I couldn't live without. But even then...I'd probably wait. There is nothing lately that really is jumping at me anyway.

Well, if that is the case I agree that if it something you have to have, then get it FP. If not, wait for it. Is it possible that you could get it FP, leave the tags on, and then if it shows up at the outlet, get it there and return the FP?

I won't buy a bag at FP. Never have, and never will. Way too many bags make it to the outlets, and thanks to this forum I know when they're there now, so I can usually find what I want.

I think every involved member on this forum is aware that many bags go to the outlet, so if we choose to buy at FP, there's a good chance that it will show up later at the outlet. It's a chance each of us will have to decide whether are not we are willing to risk. We also know that some bags actually do sell out before hitting outlets. If we can't live without a bag, buy it FP. If it bothers us that it might go to the outlet for a reduced price, save it with tags on until it does or doesn't make it. That way we will be assured of having the bag, and will also get it for the best possible price. If we don't mind paying FP when others might get it later for a fraction of the price, then buy it and enjoy it.

I see it as a sort of game we play, no need to get upset about it. :smile:

On a side note: "XL Hampton for less than half price"-- are you referring to the few cobalt hobos that showed up a couple weeks ago? If there are more available, please do share-- I'd LOVE to find one!!!

My budget says PCE or Outlet! And that's it! lol So that makes it much easier for me to decide! Half of my stuff has been PCE and the other half has been outlet.

Last edited:
I always have that thought in the back of my mind when I buy things FP. It's just a chance you have to take. If your outlet gets a lot of FP Deletes and you're willing to wait, then I don't see much harm in just waiting for it.

It's definitely a frustrating situation. I bought a Brynne in Raisin from my boutique because it was touted as a "limited edition." I wasn't too happy when people scored them at the outlets a short time later. Thankfully I did get it with PCE.

I recently got a teal croc Alexandra at the outlet for about the $135 price too, so I get where you're coming from.

I think it's all about your tolerance for risk -- whether you MUST have a bag, regardless of the price, or whether you can wait a bit longer for it if it goes to your local outlet.

hi,i used to buy with the p.c.e. or full priced before the outlets got all the full retail bags. this was like 2-3-years ago. i will use p.c.e. still but prefer the outlet! what hamptons bags are at the outlet?