Should I… Evelyne PM in Etoupe/PHW?

@PC1984 Ah gotcha, if I separate mine from baby's things, I'd just use my TPM since I carry very little for myself. This is my 2nd baby so I'm pretty streamlined - and a hardcore minimalist - so I think I could put both mine/baby's items in the PM... at least that's what I'm hoping (and any "overage" necessities for longer trips would probably live in the car). I do love babywearing though so the crossbody may not work, we'll see!!
I have slung the PM over my shoulder wearing a Tula ;) but in my experience anyway, what’s easiest with a carrier is a wristlet.

Update to follow :smile: And first, thank you ALL for your help/ideas on how to proceed with this.

I went in yesterday and had a great chummy visit with my SA. She presented me with the bag at the beginning of the appointment and my initial gut was "oh dang, it's so muddy and brown and unattractive!" (and immediately heard the comments from this thread in my head!) but as we chitchatted during the visit, and as I looked at the color in different lights, it started to grow on me.

Add to that, my DH really loved the color on me and thought it'd be a perfect fit for my wardrobe and lifestyle. Since he's not usually one to opine definitively about fashion, I took his comment quite seriously. I could tell he was seeing things more clearly as my internal monologue was all atwitter with should-I-shouldn't-I silliness!

I also asked my SA what other colors she'd seen in the PM lately (if I did decide to wait for another color) and also if other grays were ever available. We had a good discussion about this and in a nutshell, she said she hadn't seen anything I'd prefer over etoupe in the gray family in over a year. She's only seen very bright colors (not for me) and gold and black. That solidified my feeling that I wouldn't be able to get one of the other grays that I prefer, and that I wanted to be open to falling in love with etoupe. Plus it was immediately clear when I put the bag on that the size/functionality was a great match for me. I was going to be hard-pressed to not take home a bag that felt so good, even if the color wasn't "perfect". And as a bonus, my SA said she'd try to grab me a black or gold PM from whenever the next shipment came in so if that works out, it'll be a lovely addition to my wardrobe too.

In the end, I did end up buying the bag and trusting that it'll be something that truly grows on me. For the moment, I'm seeing it as having brown/green undertones that I don't like, but I'm having faith that I get used to it and that it'll start looking more neutral to me as I get used to it. I think I posted earlier in this thread that when I bought my vert cyprès P18 it took me almost a week of cringing every time I looked over at it and thinking "uggg it's so horribly teal!" before adjusting to the color and falling in love with it. I have high hopes this will happen with etoupe too and I'll look back on my phase of "not loving etoupe" with a big laugh! And in any case, I think the bag its seriously beautiful overall so in no way am I regretting my decision :smile:

IMG_6340.jpg

Update to follow :smile: And first, thank you ALL for your help/ideas on how to proceed with this.

I went in yesterday and had a great chummy visit with my SA. She presented me with the bag at the beginning of the appointment and my initial gut was "oh dang, it's so muddy and brown and unattractive!" (and immediately heard the comments from this thread in my head!) but as we chitchatted during the visit, and as I looked at the color in different lights, it started to grow on me.

Add to that, my DH really loved the color on me and thought it'd be a perfect fit for my wardrobe and lifestyle. Since he's not usually one to opine definitively about fashion, I took his comment quite seriously. I could tell he was seeing things more clearly as my internal monologue was all atwitter with should-I-shouldn't-I silliness!

I also asked my SA what other colors she'd seen in the PM lately (if I did decide to wait for another color) and also if other grays were ever available. We had a good discussion about this and in a nutshell, she said she hadn't seen anything I'd prefer over etoupe in the gray family in over a year. She's only seen very bright colors (not for me) and gold and black. That solidified my feeling that I wouldn't be able to get one of the other grays that I prefer, and that I wanted to be open to falling in love with etoupe. Plus it was immediately clear when I put the bag on that the size/functionality was a great match for me. I was going to be hard-pressed to not take home a bag that felt so good, even if the color wasn't "perfect". And as a bonus, my SA said she'd try to grab me a black or gold PM from whenever the next shipment came in so if that works out, it'll be a lovely addition to my wardrobe too.

In the end, I did end up buying the bag and trusting that it'll be something that truly grows on me. For the moment, I'm seeing it as having brown/green undertones that I don't like, but I'm having faith that I get used to it and that it'll start looking more neutral to me as I get used to it. I think I posted earlier in this thread that when I bought my vert cyprès P18 it took me almost a week of cringing every time I looked over at it and thinking "uggg it's so horribly teal!" before adjusting to the color and falling in love with it. I have high hopes this will happen with etoupe too and I'll look back on my phase of "not loving etoupe" with a big laugh! And in any case, I think the bag its seriously beautiful overall so in no way am I regretting my decision :smile:

View attachment 5583977
I hope you grow to enjoy it :smile:

View attachment 5583977
Congrats!!! My favourite bag and colour :smile:

Congrats. I hope the Etoupe works out for you. I stopped at 3 Evelyne PMs: Etoupe PHW, Gold PHW and Noir GHW. Colors for all seasons.

As @park56 suggested, switching the strap to shoulder carry changes the look of the bag and ease of use. I prefer the Evelyne as a shoulder-tote since it conforms to my body.

4B185801-4FA4-458A-A6A2-99CF5797657A.jpeg
With my Noir and white shoulder strap. This was pre-Covid!

Congrats. I hope the Etoupe works out for you. I stopped at 3 Evelyne PMs: Etoupe PHW, Gold PHW and Noir GHW. Colors for all seasons.

As @park56 suggested, switching the strap to shoulder carry changes the look of the bag and ease of use. I prefer the Evelyne as a shoulder-tote since it conforms to my body.

View attachment 5584613
I love that on you!!

• Love
Reactions: sf_newyorker

View attachment 5584613
Ha, my almost evie collection twin. I have etain phw, gold ghw, noir ghw. An Evie for every occasion. :lol:

Congrats on your lovely bag! I’m sure you will grow to love it! I was also in the firmly no to etoupe camp (too brown, too muddy etc) but I love it in the Evie and it really is a great neutral. Honestly I’ve discovered while it’s good to canvas mainstream opinion, you have to try it on yourself to make the final decision!

Reactions: peonies13
@skyqueen @eckw @sf_newyorker @PC1984 (and anyone else who owns a light colored Evelyne) - what do you do to avoid staining the strap? Is there any place I can pick up the bag without worry of staining if I already have hand lotion on? I ask because I have eczema so hand lotion is a 97x/day situation over here unfortunately... It never occurred to me until this morning (when I did not pick up my etoupe at the very last second thankfully!) that I never worry about my TPM because it's a black strap, so now I need to come up with a new routine.

And replies to you each directly below :smile:
I hope you grow to enjoy it :smile:
Thank you @Book Worm!
Congrats!!! My favourite bag and colour :smile:
Oh yay, somehow hearing this @Stephanie_x makes me more open to loving it knowing that others do too!

View attachment 5584613
Love the custom strap @sf_newyorker - where's it from?? Looks so good on you!
Ha, my almost evie collection twin. I have etain phw, gold ghw, noir ghw. An Evie for every occasion. :lol:
@sf_newyorker @PC1984 Me almost too... this is etoupe/PHW and my TPM is noir/GHW... just hoping to add gold/GHW in the future!
Congrats on your lovely bag! I’m sure you will grow to love it! I was also in the firmly no to etoupe camp (too brown, too muddy etc) but I love it in the Evie and it really is a great neutral. Honestly I’ve discovered while it’s good to canvas mainstream opinion, you have to try it on yourself to make the final decision!
@eckw This makes me so happy to hear - I'm relieved I'm not alone in the "muddy" camp ;) And glad to know it'll be a great neutral once it grows on me!!
JMHO...but with a mostly black wardrobe AND a baby, Etoupe was the way to go! :heart:
@skyqueen Thank you! This makes me feel validated that it was a good decision :smile:

Reactions: skyqueen

View attachment 5583977
Hooray and congratulations! I think it’s beautiful (but I’m biased because I have an Étoupe bag as well)