Should I… Evelyne PM in Etoupe/PHW?

Evelyne is such a good bag for a mama! I just had my third a few months ago and love using the Evelyne so much I have 3!
Oh nice! And congratulations!!

How do you pack yours for the baby? Even if I don’t buy this etoupe option I’m going to remain committed to the search ;)

I have a medium-sized ~7x9x2” clear bag which I use as a diaper “pouch” and should fit easily into the PM. Jusr not sure how to arrange the remainder of my small personal items (Calvi, wallet, phone etc.) so they don’t get jumbled every time I pull out the diapers…

First and foremost, congratulations on your new baby. I hope you and the family are doing extremely well.

Second, I may have lived in NYC for most of my adult life, but I’ll always be a San Franciscan (‘sf’) at heart.

Okay, so the pics I managed to find in my library are etoupe with colors other than black! I likely figured that since etoupe pairs well with black there’s no need to snap a pic.

20EAB5BF-FDAA-400F-8C2C-79CEFF3FF3CB.jpeg
Feel free to let your imagination fly…pretend the bag is worn by the TIE Fighter pilot next to me.

Here is an assortment of older images.

0A9591E2-1E51-44FF-AA94-1DF0F9684EF1.jpeg

A55F895C-2470-4B14-AFE7-08A3D8DBFA0B.jpeg
843B226B-3EEB-46C2-A7EB-42A8C1B6B760.jpeg
A41B05FE-BBA4-44D7-9ABA-364AAA87723B.jpeg
A213E62C-728C-4738-A11E-27A5ABBF50D9.jpeg

On Friday, you’ll know whether it’s the color for you within the first moments after seeing the bag. Wait for the right one. Or etoupe may just be what you’re looking for! :smile:

How do you pack yours for the baby? Even if I don’t buy this etoupe option I’m going to remain committed to the search ;)

I have a medium-sized ~7x9x2” clear bag which I use as a diaper “pouch” and should fit easily into the PM. Jusr not sure how to arrange the remainder of my small personal items (Calvi, wallet, phone etc.) so they don’t get jumbled every time I pull out the diapers…
Apologies for jumping in at this point but I absolutely swear by Truffle pouches to organize things in my bags. They make a clear flat one that has worked to separate my phone / card case / wallet / keys from everything else in my bag so those things are within easy reach.

Oh and congratulations on the baby!!

First and foremost, congratulations on your new baby. I hope you and the family are doing extremely well.

Second, I may have lived in NYC for most of my adult life, but I’ll always be a San Franciscan (‘sf’) at heart.

Okay, so the pics I managed to find in my library are etoupe with colors other than black! I likely figured that since etoupe pairs well with black there’s no need to snap a pic.

View attachment 5581984
Feel free to let your imagination fly…pretend the bag is worn by the TIE Fighter pilot next to me.

View attachment 5581982

View attachment 5581985
View attachment 5581986
View attachment 5581987
View attachment 5581983

On Friday, you’ll know whether it’s the color for you within the first moments after seeing the bag. Wait for the right one. Or etoupe may just be what you’re looking for! :smile:
Thank you so much for the congrats and for the photos!

Do you feel the bag leans brown? I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be on the gray-er end of the etoupes I've seen :smile:

I like what you say - I'll know right away if it's for me or not... good advice!

Thank you so much for jumping in (and for the congrats!) - I love a good organizational tip so keep em coming!!! I've known Truffle for years and actually that's where I started when looking for a diaper-pouch, but their sizes are a little wonky, at least to slip into an Evelyne, no? Their flat pouches without gussets wont' work for diapers, but perhaps you're saying I could use the flat ones for my non-diaper stuff?

Congratulations to you too! :flowers:

So, in the early days I really use my Evelyne for MY things and take baby’s things separate in a diaper bag. This time around I got one from Herschel and I really like it! I don’t start using the Evelyne as a consolidated my things + baby’s things till they’re a little older and even then, it’s only for shorter outings. Anything where I’ll need more than a diaper and some wipes, I bring along a bigger bag. Is this your first? I feel like it takes some trial and error (and maybe even a few kids) to figure out what works since it‘s really personal preference. I love using my Evies though!! I was never a crossbody girl until my first Evelyne. :heart:

View attachment 5581984

View attachment 5581982

View attachment 5581985
View attachment 5581986
View attachment 5581987
View attachment 5581983

May I just say, I can just tell from all your Star Wars themed posts and pretty much any that you are really really cool and I mean that so sincerely! :coolio:

• Thanks
Reactions: sf_newyorker
Thank you so much for the congrats and for the photos!

Do you feel the bag leans brown? I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be on the gray-er end of the etoupes I've seen :smile:

I like what you say - I'll know right away if it's for me or not... good advice!
I have two bags in Etoupe, purchased in 2018 and 2021. Both read more on the brown than gray end. I’m not sure what the current ‘batch’ leans toward. Good luck tomorrow and keep us updated.

Thank you so much for jumping in (and for the congrats!) - I love a good organizational tip so keep em coming!!! I've known Truffle for years and actually that's where I started when looking for a diaper-pouch, but their sizes are a little wonky, at least to slip into an Evelyne, no? Their flat pouches without gussets wont' work for diapers, but perhaps you're saying I could use the flat ones for my non-diaper stuff?
You’re so welcome! Yes, the flat pouch(es) for the non-diaper stuff. I use a compact silk’in for cash and/or 1 or 2 card cases. I’d say any flat pouch that can fit the Evelyne would suffice. I actually got a great one as part of a set of Wipeys (wrapped hand, etc wipes).

Not having to dig around for these necessities has really saved my sanity :smile:

Congratulations to you too! :flowers:

So, in the early days I really use my Evelyne for MY things and take baby’s things separate in a diaper bag. This time around I got one from Herschel and I really like it! I don’t start using the Evelyne as a consolidated my things + baby’s things till they’re a little older and even then, it’s only for shorter outings. Anything where I’ll need more than a diaper and some wipes, I bring along a bigger bag. Is this your first? I feel like it takes some trial and error (and maybe even a few kids) to figure out what works since it‘s really personal preference. I love using my Evies though!! I was never a crossbody girl until my first Evelyne. :heart:
@PC1984 Ah gotcha, if I separate mine from baby's things, I'd just use my TPM since I carry very little for myself. This is my 2nd baby so I'm pretty streamlined - and a hardcore minimalist - so I think I could put both mine/baby's items in the PM... at least that's what I'm hoping (and any "overage" necessities for longer trips would probably live in the car). I do love babywearing though so the crossbody may not work, we'll see!! I figure even if the PM doesn't work while babywearing, I can always use it down the road since I love the functionality.
I have two bags in Etoupe, purchased in 2018 and 2021. Both read more on the brown than gray end. I’m not sure what the current ‘batch’ leans toward. Good luck tomorrow and keep us updated.
Thanks for letting me know @sf_newyorker - I will post once I see it tomorrow! Crossing fingers the current batch leans gray!
You’re so welcome! Yes, the flat pouch(es) for the non-diaper stuff. I use a compact silk’in for cash and/or 1 or 2 card cases. I’d say any flat pouch that can fit the Evelyne would suffice. I actually got a great one as part of a set of Wipeys (wrapped hand, etc wipes).

Not having to dig around for these necessities has really saved my sanity :smile:
Great, thank you @park56! Truffle's shipping/return policy isn't very favorable for small orders so I'm going to see if I can find them (or another brand) stocked locally :smile: I'd never heard of Wipeys but now that i've researched them I'm impressed by the concept, how is this not more common? Their Jet-Set case/set must be what you use? Looks like a really nice size. I unfortunately can't use their wipes (they have ingredients I'm allergic to) but I might get that Jet-Set pack just for the pouch ;)

@PC1984 Ah gotcha, if I separate mine from baby's things, I'd just use my TPM since I carry very little for myself. This is my 2nd baby so I'm pretty streamlined - and a hardcore minimalist - so I think I could put both mine/baby's items in the PM... at least that's what I'm hoping (and any "overage" necessities for longer trips would probably live in the car). I do love babywearing though so the crossbody may not work, we'll see!! I figure even if the PM doesn't work while babywearing, I can always use it down the road since I love the functionality.

Thanks for letting me know @sf_newyorker - I will post once I see it tomorrow! Crossing fingers the current batch leans gray!

Great, thank you @park56! Truffle's shipping/return policy isn't very favorable for small orders so I'm going to see if I can find them (or another brand) stocked locally :smile: I'd never heard of Wipeys but now that i've researched them I'm impressed by the concept, how is this not more common? Their Jet-Set case/set must be what you use? Looks like a really nice size. I unfortunately can't use their wipes (they have ingredients I'm allergic to) but I might get that Jet-Set pack just for the pouch ;)
Hi! Further thoughts on the bags: 1) if the crossbody concept doesn’t work you can easily get a shoulder length strap for the Evelyne. Doesn’t have to be from H and it’s quite cool! 2) if you’re in the US, NM stocks Truffle. Yeah I HATE Truffle’s shipping costs.

Hi! Further thoughts on the bags: 1) if the crossbody concept doesn’t work you can easily get a shoulder length strap for the Evelyne. Doesn’t have to be from H and it’s quite cool! 2) if you’re in the US, NM stocks Truffle. Yeah I HATE Truffle’s shipping costs.
Oh good call, I figured I'd halve the strap using a twilly (which I sometimes do to make my TPM a shoulder bag) but never thought of getting a different strap entirely... any tips on good options for that if I go that route?
And the tip on Truffle / NM... fab! NM is down the street from one of my errands tomorrow so I'm going to stick my head in while I'm nearby and see if I can grab one :smile:

Today I was offered an etoupe PM with PHW... hypothetically I would go in to see it on Friday. Etoupe/PHW is decidedly not a combo I was even considering (quite literally the one thing I told my SA I didn't want) but I've been waiting for almost a year for a PM as a baby bag and our baby was just born a few weeks ago, so I kinda feel like I should go look at it? But I don't want to be in a jam where I have her hold it for 4 days and then say no... what should I do? Should I go in and look (and possibly buy) or say now up front that I'm not interested? I need the TPF hive mind to convince me one way or the other please :smile:
Look at it in person..try it on and see how you feel about it. There is nothing wrong in saying no if after you tried it on you still don't like it..it just confirms your opinion/feeling about it..and that if an offer like that comes your way again, you can immediately and confidently say no to it without regrets.

Last edited:
Look at it in person..try it on and see how you feel about it. There is nothing wrong in saying no if after you tried it on you still don't like it..it just confirms your opinion about it..and that next time an offer like that comes your way again, you can immediately and confidently say no to it without regrets.
Thank you for this perspective - I get myself all tangled thinking I can't say no, but you're right, if I really don't like it I'll just decline and ask for a different color that I prefer more and know going forward that etoupe isn't for me.

Reactions: showgratitude