Should I… Evelyne PM in Etoupe/PHW?

The new Evelyne mini Etoupe is now with a Bleu Indigo strap. Well i'd say the majority, tacky if you ask me. matching color was way better.

View attachment 5581239
You’re right - the TPM with indigo strap looks somewhat odd with an etoupe bag. However, the PM (or 29) is still primarily with matching strap. Though in past seasons H did pair some the the PM sizes with non-matching ‘fun’ color straps!

Full disclosure- I don’t use the matching canvas strap with my bag. Yes, I’ve been known to use an indigo like leather strap :graucho: :lol:

I need the TPF hive mind to convince me one way or the other please :smile:
Something similar happened to me. Asked for a specific color from SA, waited months, but then I saw Etoupe online. I ordered it even though I didn't really care for Etoupe & as soon as it arrived my SA told me the color I wanted was available. So I returned it & purchased from my SA.

Don't settle!

Reactions: peonies13
The mini etoupe has an option for a matching strap. I have mini etoupe with a matching strap w/ghw.

Yes aware they come in matching strap. When you say ''has an option'' can you clarify? you dont get to choose, unless you specifically tell your SA that's the only thing you want. Else you get whats in stock and the majority lately since 2021 have been with indigo.

Yes aware they come in matching strap. When you say ''has an option'' can you clarify? you dont get to choose, unless you specifically tell you SA that's the only thing you want. Else you get whats in stock and the majority lately since 2021 have been with indigo.
Like you said, you don’t get to choose. It is available with the indigo strap but its also available with the matching one.
Mine was purchased in late 2021 with the matching strap.

good to hear. i am after matching straps only... hoping for Etain, Etoupe, Beige De Weimar or Barenia.
I hope you find it :tup:
If I’m not mistaken, so far Ive only seen etoupe with the contrasting strap option.
Other like blue nuit etc come with the patterned, fun straps but not etoupe. It has this “serious” plain navy contrast. There must be a market for it.
And @peonies13, i hope you make the best decision for you.
Congratulations on the new baby!

Today I was offered an etoupe PM with PHW... hypothetically I would go in to see it on Friday. Etoupe/PHW is decidedly not a combo I was even considering (quite literally the one thing I told my SA I didn't want) but I've been waiting for almost a year for a PM as a baby bag and our baby was just born a few weeks ago, so I kinda feel like I should go look at it? But I don't want to be in a jam where I have her hold it for 4 days and then say no... what should I do? Should I go in and look (and possibly buy) or say now up front that I'm not interested? I need the TPF hive mind to convince me one way or the other please :smile:
Do you outright hate Etoupe? Or is it just a color you've never really imagined using? If yes, pass, but if not, I would take a look.

While I agree you should generally wait and buy what you love, I have definitely been presented items in colors that I never considered, but loved when viewed in person. Good luck!

Reactions: peonies13 and eckw
I actually just got the Evie TPM in etoupe ghw with the navy strap! My SA offered me the choice of either the classic black mini Evie with GHW or the etoupe with navy strap and I chose the latter. Honestly if I weren’t at the store to see the etoupe in person, I think I would have chosen the black. But I really liked how it looked when I tried it on. So my advice is go in and try it before rejecting it!

F5481499-00F2-410B-BF40-D855E7F194F4.jpeg

I totally forgot you were due July, congrats dear!
There’s no harm in coming in to look at it, but me personally I’m not a fan of etoupe with phw. But I like it with ghw. Usually I’m not picky with hw but I’ve had the mini evelyne with phw and the indigo strap and I let it go. I feel like you won’t change your mind when you see it in person.

I think the fact that you started a thread for it is a sign that you are not convinced that this bag is for you. Maybe ask yourself why you all of the sudden consider a combination that you did not want before. I think the right combo will come your way and it might be better if you thank your SA for thinking about you but decline and highlight again your preferred color.
I'm definitely not convinced, but I did realize (and post again!) that I left out the backstory that I am open to any neutral... I've never loved etoupe but not outright hate it either... I am going to try it on and see if I like it. Your point is well taken though... highlight to SA colors that I would love if I decide to decline this one.
Well, that’s slightly different.
If you really dislike it, don’t get it.
If you are truly on the fence, go try it.

You can go try it (and if you want to say no nicely, just tell her perhaps this season etoupe is too brown and you would prefer more gray taupe. i think SAs understand this to mean you would like a cooler neutral like etain, or another neutral entimely like gold, chai. But you have to have enough of a conversation to guide her.

once you have the first offer, even if you reject, others should follow, assuming there is stock.
someone else will always take an etoupe Evelyne
Thank you @880 - you put into words what I was having trouble articulating yesterday! I am on the fence so I do plan to go try it - I won't buy if I don't love it though. I really appreciate how you contextualized a way to "say no" without being a pain. I'm pretty sure my SA knows I prefer gray but that I'm open... so if this particular etoupe leans brown (vs. leaning gray which I prefer) then I'll be using your wording to decline politely :smile:
I believe the PM comes with a matching strap.

Personally, I love etoupe and have the PM with PHW. I can search my library for some older pics. I too wear black a majority of the time and love the crisp cool pop of etoupe-palladium with black.
Ooh @sf_newyorker (which btw is the best handle ever, that's what I call myself!) would you please share some photos? Do you wear yours with only neutrals? I'm in all black or black/jeans most of the time with the occasional green, maroon, blue or gray sweater... hoping etoupe could be fitting with those colors.
Something similar happened to me. Asked for a specific color from SA, waited months, but then I saw Etoupe online. I ordered it even though I didn't really care for Etoupe & as soon as it arrived my SA told me the color I wanted was available. So I returned it & purchased from my SA.

Don't settle!
Oh dang, this is what I'd be thinking of in the back of my mind, thanks for your input!
good to hear. i am after matching straps only... hoping for Etain, Etoupe, Beige De Weimar or Barenia.
Thanks to this convo, I checked and this bag has an etoupe matching strap - whew! Does the Evie come in barenia these days!?!? I'm a barenia obsessor so if that's a real thing I must know!
I hope you find it :tup:
If I’m not mistaken, so far Ive only seen etoupe with the contrasting strap option.
Other like blue nuit etc come with the patterned, fun straps but not etoupe. It has this “serious” plain navy contrast. There must be a market for it.
And @peonies13, i hope you make the best decision for you.
Congratulations on the new baby!
Thank you for the congrats @Book Worm!! We are so delighted :smile: As I just wrote above, this has the matching strap (whew) and I've only seen the etoupe with the indigo strap too... too bad right since those more fun combos are lovely and less serious as you say! I personally think the etoupe/navy combo is very unattractive!
Do you outright hate Etoupe? Or is it just a color you've never really imagined using? If yes, pass, but if not, I would take a look.

While I agree you should generally wait and buy what you love, I have definitely been presented items in colors that I never considered, but loved when viewed in person. Good luck!
@DB8 You're spot on: I've never imagined it. I've seen a few things in etoupe and not liked them, but I don't outright hate the color. As a perfect example of what you said, I always disliked vert cypres but was offered a P18 in VC / GHW and fell in love! Sometimes the things I never imagine are the best fit. I'm hoping that's what happens on Friday when I see this bag but if I don't like it I won't purchase.
I actually just got the Evie TPM in etoupe ghw with the navy strap! My SA offered me the choice of either the classic black mini Evie with GHW or the etoupe with navy strap and I chose the latter. Honestly if I weren’t at the store to see the etoupe in person, I think I would have chosen the black. But I really liked how it looked when I tried it on. So my advice is go in and try it before rejecting it!

View attachment 5581290
Oh awesome story, thank you for sharing. I have the TPM in black/GHW which I adore and I'm so glad to hear that you fell in love with the etoupe... hoping that's what happens for me!
I totally forgot you were due July, congrats dear!
There’s no harm in coming in to look at it, but me personally I’m not a fan of etoupe with phw. But I like it with ghw. Usually I’m not picky with hw but I’ve had the mini evelyne with phw and the indigo strap and I let it go. I feel like you won’t change your mind when you see it in person.
Aghhh I totally forgot to tell you @Ethengdurst! Baby brain, seriously! Thanks for the congrats :smile: :smile: I too really prefer GHW usually but I think the etoupe/PHW might lean more netural/cool gray with PHW vs leaning more brown/warm with GHW... at least that's what I'm telling myself ;) I'm going in to see it and I'm open minded to loving it or passing!

I'm definitely not convinced, but I did realize (and post again!) that I left out the backstory that I am open to any neutral... I've never loved etoupe but not outright hate it either... I am going to try it on and see if I like it. Your point is well taken though... highlight to SA colors that I would love if I decide to decline this one.

Thank you @880 - you put into words what I was having trouble articulating yesterday! I am on the fence so I do plan to go try it - I won't buy if I don't love it though. I really appreciate how you contextualized a way to "say no" without being a pain. I'm pretty sure my SA knows I prefer gray but that I'm open... so if this particular etoupe leans brown (vs. leaning gray which I prefer) then I'll be using your wording to decline politely :smile:

Ooh @sf_newyorker (which btw is the best handle ever, that's what I call myself!) would you please share some photos? Do you wear yours with only neutrals? I'm in all black or black/jeans most of the time with the occasional green, maroon, blue or gray sweater... hoping etoupe could be fitting with those colors.

Oh dang, this is what I'd be thinking of in the back of my mind, thanks for your input!

Thanks to this convo, I checked and this bag has an etoupe matching strap - whew! Does the Evie come in barenia these days!?!? I'm a barenia obsessor so if that's a real thing I must know!

Thank you for the congrats @Book Worm!! We are so delighted :smile: As I just wrote above, this has the matching strap (whew) and I've only seen the etoupe with the indigo strap too... too bad right since those more fun combos are lovely and less serious as you say! I personally think the etoupe/navy combo is very unattractive!

@DB8 You're spot on: I've never imagined it. I've seen a few things in etoupe and not liked them, but I don't outright hate the color. As a perfect example of what you said, I always disliked vert cypres but was offered a P18 in VC / GHW and fell in love! Sometimes the things I never imagine are the best fit. I'm hoping that's what happens on Friday when I see this bag but if I don't like it I won't purchase.

Oh awesome story, thank you for sharing. I have the TPM in black/GHW which I adore and I'm so glad to hear that you fell in love with the etoupe... hoping that's what happens for me!

Aghhh I totally forgot to tell you @Ethengdurst! Baby brain, seriously! Thanks for the congrats :smile: :smile: I too really prefer GHW usually but I think the etoupe/PHW might lean more netural/cool gray with PHW vs leaning more brown/warm with GHW... at least that's what I'm telling myself ;) I'm going in to see it and I'm open minded to loving it or passing!
Let us know what you decide…:P