Should I dye my pouch...which color??

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I bought a legacy leather pouch (40214) on ebay. It was white. Well it's not in like new condition as the seller claimed and honestly I don't think I will use it as is. I am debating trying to restore it with white, but then I thought, why not color? So tell me, do you think I should dye it and if so which color.....
Restore the white

OR

Tourmaline blue (see the color swatch)

Attachments

nobodypanic

Handbag Warrior
May 6, 2008
New England
I would go with the blue! As long as you're not super concerned about the result, it seems like it would be a fun little project and you'll end up with a bag that nobody else has. I know some ladies don't like the idea of using dye, but I think it can bring new life to a bag!

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
If it is Coach leather it has to be dyed through a special process.

Did you try the armorall wipes?

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I don't think armorall will help. The color is worn off the corners of the bag and the front part has a large section where it's rather worn on the leather. I think anything could be an improvement.

Katwoman1973

Jan 30, 2009
Sunshine State
I would go with blue and the tarrago dyes work perfect on coach bags :smile:

I have bought some beat up bags on the Bay for dirt cheap but they were DIRTY .. for the soul purpose of dying them :smile:

donnalynn11

Jul 25, 2007
Give the blue a shot. Remember that poster recently who dyed her bag magenta and it came out GORGEOUS?! As long as you didnt spent alot on it, you really have nothing to lose, right?

fluffy614

O.G.
May 16, 2007
Blue and can we see before and after pics if you decide to do it?? I see others have had great success dying a bag and I'd love to try it sometime. I think starting with a small item is the way to "jump in!"

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
why don't you just return the bag to the seller? YOU SHOULD ask for at least a partial refund.

:smile: